Home Forums General Discussion I have a really tough time logging in

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    margie
    Participant

Hello, Hope you still remember me. I joined 2014 and started AP. Did OK for a while but recently dealing more pain and really confused. My crp is high.My rheumatology want me to stop ap because of induced lupus. How many people have experienced ap induced lupus? Right now at cross roads and don’t know own what to do.
    Margie

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Margie
    Your topic title states that you have a really tough time logging in. What seems to be your problem? I’ll see if I can assist.

Also, with any problems (logging in or any other issue) you can send an email to forumadmin@roadback.org outlining the issue and we’ll try to help solve it.

Sorry to hear you are having problems with pain and crp. Mino-induced lupus is pretty uncommon. How did your rheumy determine that’s what you have?

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

Margie, Lyn has mirrored the question I had in my head, too. How did your rheumy determine this? If not by labs, then would suggest you ask for these to be run. It’s quite important because I have experienced full blown drug induced lupus from minocycline and a beta blocker. If a person has a predisposition for drug induced lupus, there are numerous other drugs that can cause it, including many rheumatic drugs. E.g. biologic drugs, sulphasalzine, and penicillimine. Knowing that I had this predisposition allowed me to inform my endocrinologist and thyroid surgeon who both suggested anti-thyroid drugs and radioactive iodine for my toxic multinodular goiter. When I mentioned this predisposition, their recommendation was surgical removal instead, because anti-thyroid drugs cause drug-induced lupus, too. The drug list is quite long and there are some very commonly used drugs I’d need to avoid in future, if they are recommended.

As Lyn said, although it’s on the uncommon side, drug induced lupus is very important to confirm with labs, as I learned from personal experience, so a person can be informed about what drugs may be a problem in future, if they are ever recommended for some other issue.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Margie,

“Stop AP” = your rheumatologist is not well informed. There are other antibiotics he or she could prescribe besides minocycline.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.