Home Forums General Discussion I had a hunch and I was right!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    gordbentley
    Participant

Sitting around this evening I suddenly felt in order to pass some boredom I was gunna look up more “cures” people said they have used to kick arthritis. then I stumbled upon the old Scorpion Venom “cure” some say is the answer. Then I got to thinking to myself. hmmmm, I wonder if Scorpion Venom is antibacterial??? so I googled it. Wouldn’t you know scorpion venom IS antibacterial. Many Lupus and Rheumatoid arthritis sufferers swear by getting stung by scorpions to relieve there symptoms. Coincidence?? I THINK NOT!!! I listed the articles below, how freakin cool is that?!?!

http://www.opposingviews.com/i/possible-new-natural-painkiller-scorpion-venom (scorpion venom as a “pain reliever”)

http://www.beyotime.com/reference/bradford-ref13.pdf (scorpion venom being researched for antibacterial properties)

Krys
    Participant

Interesting!!!
    Sounds like you’ve started a thread that may cause quite a bit of cringing, Gord!
    Here’s some more:
    Venom of Siberian viper has been used for RA pain for years in many European countries. I get mine here as an ointment in an ethnic herbal store. It takes care of inflammation and pain. But I don’t think it is considered to be a permanent cure.
    I remember watching my grandma lightly hitting her painful knees (possible Lyme?) with stinging nettle. She swore it was helping her with pain and swelling.
    Last year I heard of another cure for RA / arthritic pain (please research that: I never have): small red ants (I don’t know if they are the same as fire ants) soaked in strong alcohol. I don’t remember whether the liquid was taken orally in drops or whether it was rubbed on painful joints. I heard it helped!
    If I remember right, bee venom may be used for the same purpose.
    Warm wishes, Krys

gordbentley
    Participant

ive heard of the bees. I bet i could put my money on saying they have antibacterial properties as well.

gordbentley
    Participant

seems to me krys that not too many people were willing to comment on this. ill bump it up 😛

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Gord – not heard about scorpions. However, if you type ‘bee venom’ into search box at top of Genreral Discussion front page, quite a few past posts on this will come up. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

aynurrzepa
    Participant

Hi Gord,

It’s been a long time since I visited here but I liked your thread as i think if we think well enough we will find so many indirect proofs of the truthfullness of the antibiotic therapy for rheumatic deseases!

Take care!

gordbentley
    Participant

i would say its direct proof, i think im gunna start stinging my knees with bees for fun lol 😛 see what happens

maz.aust
    Participant

BUMPING THIS ONE TOO !!!!!

I have heard of all of these & yes stinging nettles are also antibacterial – used most recently here as edible tucker in the finest restaurants.

It will be interesting to see what else comes up …….

Dec07: Diagnosed PRA, (CTD; Fibromyalgia; suspected Lyme):
    Mar08: Diet to heal gut/bolster immune system (no gluten, dairy, sulphites or sugar)

Jan 2018: ABX Mon/Wed/Fri (started AP 2008)
    1/2 x 150mg Roxithromycin(Biasig), 1/2 x 150mg Clarithromycin (Klacid),
    1/2 x Fungillin, 1 x 250mg Cephalexin (Keflex)

All off days Probiotics

Krys
    Participant

@gordbentley wrote:

seems to me krys that not too many people were willing to comment on this.

Happy chatting is easier when feeling good. It’s been a rough winter and spring. Judging by my own reactions to crazy weather, I think most people feel affected and just do not have much energy left for anything…. I responded because I have direct experience of the “wacky” methods. I did see my grandma, as a 3 year old, smack her knees with stinging nettle and say it helped her. She used leeches, too. And corn flower wine. I don’t know what that one was for. I only remember it because of my amazement that it was not a blue liquid and that it really tasted good (my older brother made sure we tasted it when grandma was not around). I did hear as a child, on vacation in the country (farmlands, forests), lots of stories of how they or someone else recovered from RA, TB, cancer, by doing this or that. My mom personally knows a lady who administered poisonous (and regular, all combined) mushrooms, boiled as a broth to drink, to her dying of cancer husband, and she cured him! He was to die within a month, in severe pain, morphine was not much help. She had 3 little children and a dying husband. She lived by a forest and followed the advice of “old wives tales” how cooked poisonous mushrooms will induce deep sleep and freedom from pain. As he was to die anyway, all she wanted was to make it easier for him. So she would go to the nearby forest, pick up whatever, boil it, and give it to her husband to drink. He DID sleep all the time. But a month, 2, 3 months passed and he was still alive. He was taken to the hospital for further testing, and all the metastasized cancer was totally gone!!! The scientific community was trying to check it out, but she could not supply any info. All she did was crying until hardly able to see, pick up anything that looked like a mushroom, mostly poisonous, boiled them and gave the brew to her husband to drink. There was such a diversity of mushrooms in that forest that the scientists gave up. But her husband was cured!
    I believe that there exist all kinds of cures. And I like reading about them.
    Warm wishes, Krys

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.