Home Forums General Discussion I dont understand?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Sydnie
    Participant

Hi All

It seems most people who post her with Lymes have reached a plateau then get tested for lymes and their “original” disease does not deteriorate. 

My crash seems to be differant -my suspected Lymes has re-appeared but all my Sjogrens symptoms that had disappeared are now back…does this mean I need to get my suspected Lymes treated before the Sjogrens will react to the mino again…

Also I take my mino at 12 midnight and at approx  3pm I have a herx but its Lyme disease symptoms (nume face etc) Does Mino work on Lymes or is it just aggrivating it?? Any thoughts

Cheers

SX

On mino MWF 100mg

nspiker
    Participant

Sydnie,

Some do reach a plateau with AP, and push ahead seeking answers, lyme and co-infections often part of the mix.  Lyme presents with so many different symptoms and variables, there is no specific pattern to site. 

If minocin is no longer controlling your Sjogrens symptoms, than you are on the right track pursuing lyme.  Minocin may have done the job until your immune system, compromised by lyme and numerous other pathogens, couldn't withstand the attack. 

Minocin is used in lyme treatment, but always at higher doses (200 mg-400 mg).  It is not counterproductive to lyme.

I would just hold tight until your LLMD appointment.  Isn't it this coming week?
    nancy

Sydnie
    Participant

Hi Nancy

Thanks for replying..sent you a PM too so please ignore..

See Dr D on WEd….just panicking a bit as all my old Sjogrens are coming back…maybe a course of Iv might help…

Wot u think??

SX

nspiker
    Participant

Sydnie,

You only have four days to wait.  I doubt you could get an IV set up before Wednesday, and who knows what your response might be (assuming you're referring to IV clindamycin).  Then you have to consider the possible herx reaction.

I would recommend more supportive measures like detoxing.  Are you drinking the lemon olive oil concoction?  Take an epsom salts/hydrogen peroxide bath, it really helps.  Your symptoms could be a build-up of toxins.  I love apple pectin for binding toxins and oxy powder for eliminating them.

just my thoughts…
    nancy

Valsmum
    Participant

Nancy,

What is the apple pectin and oxy powder for eliminating them?  Do you notice a difference right away or is it gradual ? Where do you buy it? Thanks!!

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Sydnie,

Since you have been on mino for several years and were doing very well up until recently, I think you should consider giving low-dose naltrexone (LDN) a try. Not to replace the AP, but to complement it. I know that doesn't answer any of your questions but it's the most helpful answer I can come up with at the moment.

Are you taking N-acetyl cysteine (NAC)? It's a very beneficial supplement, and how you feel after you start taking it can be a useful diagnostic indicator. When I first started taking NAC I coughed up a little bit of phlegm and that was it; I didn't experience any other noticeable reactions, positive or negative. However, some people experience a Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction in response to taking NAC.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

nspiker
    Participant

Valsmum wrote:

What is the apple pectin and oxy powder for eliminating them? Do you notice a difference right away or is it gradual ? Where do you buy it? Thanks!!

I can't say I notice an immediate improvement with apple pectin.  I take it on a regular basis, three capsules at least twice a day.  It really helps, especially for lyme, because of all the toxic die-off.  It's better than cholestyramine, because there are no side effects, and you can take it with food or supplements, because it's apple-based. 

I order apple pectin from Viable Herbal Solutions, but you can get it at any health food store, Henry's, or on-line.

Oxy Powder is something Maz recommended, and I love it.  It oxygenates the body, and cleanses the bowel.  It states on their website that, “Oxy-Powder

Valsmum
    Participant

Thank you Nancy!

I will have to try the oxy powder for sure. My knees seriously get so swollen from mino and that is at 50 mg just once or twice a week. I feel sort of stuck, I know how bad prednisone is but my knees get so swollen/ stiff that it takes all day to get them to straighten out. So I take prednisone so I can walk upright and then I'm bummed I have to take the stuff. I've read 5mg is okay and Dr. Brown used it with caution so the abx can penetrate and then I read how bad it is for lyme, sure hope I don't have lyme. Thanks again Nancy, I appreciate it !!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.