Home Forums General Discussion I can only get minocin (generic) powder

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Tlpitts
    Participant

I have rheumatoid arthritis and psoriatic arthritis I have no problem with my regular doctor writing me prescriptions for what I need upto a point I’m sure. anyway I am in a panic because Lederle no longer makes the pellet version and the company that does make it is not covered by by insurance and will cost 250.00 OMG . Bottom line is I have generic minocine powder 100 mg twice a day. How should I take this since it is not the right one ?? I know from the book that m/w/f is suppose to be the best but are there different rules if not the right medicine. The doctor started me off with a round of zpak antibiotic cause I am so sick with my ra all joints involved at this point. I had my gallbladder out in jan of this year and it put me back into full blown autoimmune nightmare so any help would be appreciated . Thanks Teresa

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Teresa,

What country are you in? And what is written on the minocycline capsules that you have?

Generic minocycline is taken the same way as Minocin. However, you may need to take it with a small amount of food. If you normally take Minocin on an empty stomach, try taking it that way first.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Tlpitts
    Participant

I am in USA Georgia that is. Rx696 is what the minocycline says on the capsules.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Teresa,

The minocycline you have is distributed by Ranbaxy. If you find that you are not satisfied with that particular generic, there are some others that you could try. There is one in particular that I like because it does not contain corn starch or any food dyes. It is expensive, though, so it might not be a good choice for people who have to pay for their prescriptions out of pocket.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.