Home Forums General Discussion Hyperpigmentation of Skin with Lyme?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    JulieKatie
    Participant

My daughter has one arm with hyperpigmentation around the wrist area and in small areas up her arm to the bend of her elbow. The skin is very rough and several shades darker than her fair white skin. It almost looks like she has been playing in the dirt and needs to scrub, but it doesn’t come off and is very rough feeling. Is this a lyme issue that any of you have had? I worry about the LYme kicking off an autoimmmune disease so am a bit concerned about this. I looked at pics of scleroderma, and it doesn’t look like that. She is on IV rocephin via picc line, and it is the arm that the picc is in…but the picc is in the upper arm so don’t think it could be that. My worries carry me away sometimes, and since she isn’t making any gains to healing from lyme, i worry something else could be wrong and contributing to her condition. The areas of hyperpigmentation remind me a little of the condition that darker complected people can get that causes lightening of the skin in areas. Since Katie is so pale, hers is a darkening, so kind of like that disease in reverse. If you have any ideas, or if this is something you have, please let me know. Thanks so much. 🙂

Julie

Eileen
    Participant

Hi Julie,

Be sure to take pics of this and show to your daughter’s doctor.

Eileen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.