Home Forums General Discussion Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber – HBOT – has anyone tried this?

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    artzystuf
    Participant

Thanks for the great reply. I didn't know that Tylenol affects the liver that much. I never have had any drug or alcohol problems, so I guess I don't have a tendency to overindulge. I'm going to check at my pharmacy to see if I can get codeine without a prescription. I think I can, and if not the pharmacist is a doctor and can always write the prescription. I don't want to ruin my liver with the Tylenol, especially when I'm taking a bunch of other lethat drugs for my RA.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Joe – these days, in both the medical and psychological community, the tendency is not to make a distinction between dependence and addiction. Generally, the term used is dependence – physical and/or psychological. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Joe M
    Participant

Hi Lynnie,

A quick search on dependence vs addiction shows that many in the field still do recognize the difference.  Maybe the stigma behind addiction is the reason some just call it dependence.  In my mind, there is a difference between drug seeking behavior (addiction) and physical tolerance (dependence).  No matter, taken appropriately these drugs can provide much needed relief for many pain patients.

Take Care,
    Joe

kathyo
    Participant

Treatment is 2 weeks straight with Sundays off. It is one hour per day. The third and fourth weeks will be less (maybe 3 times per week). The doctor will advise if a fifth week is necessary or not. We plan on starting treatment mid-July (in about a month). Garth Nicolson recommends this treatment as very effective. The HBOT doctor said one must also have proper nutrition during the tx for the HBOT to be successful.

K

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ Hyperbaric Oxygen Chamber – HBOT – has anyone tried this?’ is closed to new replies.