Home Forums General Discussion How to take probiotics

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

Many of you are experienced with taking probiotics. It is written that we should take it half an hour before meals. Is it because of the temperature /cold probiotics from the fridge with cold water/ If I take it with a hot meal it is no longer cold. Does it still work? Or I am going too far and it doesn’t matter?
    Best to all.
    Linda L.

quilter
    Participant

Hi Linda,
    I never read that you should take probiotic 1/2 hour before meals. I researched whether you should take it with a meal or on an empty stomach and couldn’t find the answer. But I can tell you that I have been taking one acidophilus capsule every night with a light snack for a few years and I know it is working for a fact. When I ran out on a trip I discovered that acidophilus comes in different forms. Some are tablets, some are wafers. I decided that I would stick with capsules because I know they are working. I take it immediately after removing it from the refrigerator. It will be good to see what others say!
    Thankfully we are on the right path! 😀
    carol

Dancing feet are Happy feet!
    Nov 2007 Raynauds, Jan 2008 Carpal tunnel, Aug 2008 Rotator cuff, May 2008 MCTD, July 2013 H.Pylori, Aug 2015 Vaginal Atrophy
    Medications: Minocycline 100 mg MWF, Low Dose Naltrexone 4.5mg, Acidophilus 1-3 a day, Estradiol patch
    Vitamins etc.: Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Vitamin D-3 1000 IU a day, Aspirin 325 mg, Magnesium, B6, B12, Beta-carotene, Cranberry, Garlic, Multi Vitamin, and Glucosamine & Chondroitin with Boswellia & Manganese, & MSN, Grape Seed Complex, Meta

richie
    Participant

Hi Usually I take all 10 capsules mid day -I dont center them around meals —the mfg claims PB8 doesnt need refrigeration but I keep them in the fridge any way -I take them right from the cold —
    richie

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.