Home Forums General Discussion How To Change An Avatar????

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    fastspinW
    Participant

Whenever I think I’ve hit rock bottom with computer help file craziness up pops something like this. To whit in search (desperate at that) of discovering how to change the image I use as my avatar I checked out the FAQ section. This is what I found:

How do I show an image along with my username?

There are two images which may appear along with a username when viewing posts. One of them may be an image associated with your rank, generally in the form of stars, blocks or dots, indicating how many posts you have made or your status on the board. Another, usually a larger image, is known as an avatar and is generally unique or personal to each user. It is up to the board administrator to enable avatars and to choose the way in which avatars can be made available. If you are unable to use avatars, contact a board administrator and ask them for their reasons.

Excuse me, but How Does The Above Paragraph qualify as an answer to the question it supposedly answers? In other words where in that particular collection of words does it tell me how to show an image along with my user name?

I do have a sense of humor, I really do… BUT!

Can anyone tell me how to change the image I have as an avatar?

Thanks,
    Winston

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Winston – I agree, it’s ridiculously NOT helpful (even in the administrator section!). Because our avatars were moved over from the previous host, at the moment this is just a best guess. Even though it says permission to upload from a computer is switched on in, I cannot see where it allows you to do this. So, my best input (at this point) is the following: go to User Control Panel (above left), click on profile, then click on ‘edit avatar’. You may then need to upload from an external site. And the best instructions re having an external site host your images came from Tom Scott (tbird) in the thread to which I’ve provided a link below. I’ll post more on this as and when more info comes to hand.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2791&hilit=upload+image

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

fastspinW
    Participant

Lynnie,

Thanks for the heads up on how to post a new avatar. I checked out the link you provided and when I get the time (and courage) I’ll give it a try…

All best,
    Winston

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.