Home Forums General Discussion How much Probotics?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    wildschild
    Participant

How much Probotics does everyone take daily ? I just started taking 20 billion a day about a month ago. I just went through a yeast infection and it feels as if I have another 2 weeks later….Haven’t had but 3 in the whole year of taking AP now suddenly I have 2 in a row…
    Thanks so much,
    Nancy

Blondie283
    Participant

I have been taking VSL 3 which I think has 450 billion strains. But I also take 100mg Diflucan 3x a week. And I’m on AP for 8 months with no yeast infections. Hope this helps you.
    Carol 😉

Joe RA
    Participant

Hi: Nancy,
    If you are taking as much antibiotics as what you list on your signature section, you may want to take about 50 billion per day or maybe 25 billion twice a day at best. With probiotics MORE is better than LESS. The best for all,
    ….Joe RA….

Krys
    Participant

Hi Nancy,

I take 100 – 120 billion + 2 cups raw milk kefir fermented with “kefir grains” until it’s almost all whey (very, very sour) + juice of fermented vegetables (sometimes fermented veggies, too).

Additionally I was using for 2 months ImmunoPro RX and I think that all that got rid of my Candida which earlier had only diminished (not eradicated) on 2 weeks daily Diflucan + Nystatin.
    The herbal part of my anti-Lyme protocol is strongly Candida inhibitive and so is Triphala which I take as an aid in digestion / assimilation, so most probably they contributed to erasing Candida.

I’ve been taking such a big amount of probiotics (my kefir is probably more than 500 billion) because I got Candida during my second month on abx while taking 66 billion and eating plain yogurt daily. I can see now that my gut flora must have been very weakened by my previous herbal protocol and needed more support than I was supplying.
    Warm wishes, Krys

wildschild
    Participant

Thank you all so much!! I can see by your replies I am not taking enough. I appreciate you all so much. It is so nice to be able to ask a question and get such great help.
    It is do good to know what everyone else is doing. I will raise the amount of probotics I am taking.
    Nancy 🙂

jaminhealth
    Participant

on another board some members take Coconut Oil caps to keep candida arrested.

I take 2billion units, 3 times per day but I’m not on AP.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.