Home Forums General Discussion How Good is Oral Clindy

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Kim
    Participant

Hi Lynne,

That's a good question and one I've wondered about myself because I don't use the sauna as much in the summertime when I'm sweating outdoors.  Your greenhouse must be hot and steamy which I'm sure helps your circulation in the winter.

Maz is right on the money (when is she not :roll-laugh:) about too much exercise.  Now that I'm back on Lyme tx and herxing big time, I really pay for it when I put in a long day of physical activity.  I just don't bounce back and it takes days to recover……..my body is hitting me over the head with a 2 x 4, I need to start listening. :doh:

Take care…..kim

Wayne
    Participant

Hi Margaret,

I thought that I would mention to you that until I meet with my Dr D in a couple of weeks, when we will discuss the whole Clindy issue, I'm doing IM Clindy 2x a week because I know I need it. I actually don't mind the injection although a little painfull, because I know the good that it is doing. IM is a very good way of medication delivery (second to IV) and I wouldn't mind doing maybe 300mg IM even once I start oral. In Australia the oral will be far more economical.

One thing for sure in my experience SD hates Clindy, so I like Clindy alot :).

All the best sorting out your Clindy.

Wayne

Systemic Sclerosis....rapid onset 2010.
    Started AP January 2011.
    Multiple meds during treatment, including IV Clindamycin every 2 months for 5 days.
    Now.....disease in remission....meds: Mimomycin, Clindamycin IM 3 monthly,
    5 days Azithromycin 6 monthly.
    Very well now....enjoying life.

nspiker
    Participant

Wayne wrote:

One thing for sure in my experience SD hates Clindy, so I like Clindy alot :).

As Randy would say, “Blast those bastards!”

nancy

Margaret Mueller
    Participant

Talked to my PCP, then my doc.  I'm going to restart clindy w/ 150mg and see how I tolerate it and work up from there.  I wouldn't mind IM clindy, and would be especially happy about it, even with my needles thing, because the first priority is getting well.  It appeals if it's delivering more punch for the poke than the tablets.  I figure I can adjust diet or whatever at the lower level, and I'll have a better chance for success at the higher dose.  There is a way to make this work, and I don't give up.

Tonya
    Participant

does sitting in a hot tub have the same effects as sitting in a sauna?

Wayne
    Participant

Hi Tonya,

The infrared saunas have very deep tissue penetration the infrared rays, which in turn cause us to sweat and help clense our body's of toxins. I know I sure do sweat and need to keep fluids up before and after sauna use by drinking heaps. They also warm me up for a bit of a stretch to help keep some sort of flexibility happening. I would find the saunas quite different to a hot bath and you don't come out all wrinkled like you would after a good soak. I sure there are still benefit's to a nice soak in a hot tub.

All the best to you

Wayne

Systemic Sclerosis....rapid onset 2010.
    Started AP January 2011.
    Multiple meds during treatment, including IV Clindamycin every 2 months for 5 days.
    Now.....disease in remission....meds: Mimomycin, Clindamycin IM 3 monthly,
    5 days Azithromycin 6 monthly.
    Very well now....enjoying life.

Viewing 6 posts - 16 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘ How Good is Oral Clindy’ is closed to new replies.