Home Forums General Discussion How does Minocin brand name look?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    sandratl
    Participant

I’m thinking about getting the brand name of minocycline, that is, Minocin, but I never got the brand name before and I want to make sure it’s the brand name. Could anyone tell me how the 100mg of Minocin capsules looks like? That is, the color of the pill and what is imprinted on it as well as who manufactures it. I am doing quite poorly on the generic so I would like to try the brand name even though it will cost me enough. Thank you so much for any help!

richie
    Participant

The capsule appears green and an aqua green –two tone with little green pellets inside –Reads ONSET 100 mg imprinted —
    Current cost is about 35–40. per capsule –so be sure to take it to get maximum benefit –this was one of Dr T’S most important pieces of advice –Nothing for two hours before or two hours after the capsule –no meds no food no nothing no exceptions —I put up with nausea dizziness etc in the beginning -it was well worth it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! –good luck

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Sandra,

I see that you joined the forum more than seven years ago. Before you pay the ridiculously high price of Minocin, it might be helpful if you told us more about your situation. How long have you been taking minocycline, and how much are you taking currently? Which generic are you taking? Are you being treated for RA or some other illness?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi Phil
    Its not ridiculous -its extortion !!!!!!!!!!!!! Fortunately my insurance still covers it –every time I renew I hold my breadth —I think what helps me is the fact I am taking it for 17 years now and my scleroderma is gone !!!1 The insurance co may have a liability if they withhold approval and I relapse -especially after all these years –they look up in their little books and see diffuse scleroderma has a 60% mortality after 10 years !!!!And here I am better than ever !!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.