Home Forums General Discussion Honeymoon phase?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    matv
    Participant

I started taking doxycycline Jan 4th, there really wasn’t much difference. Then i started getting really tired. I’d started acupuncture for my feet, they blew up like a balloon soon after. After about a month, I don’t know if its the fact I was avoiding salt, or if it was the NSAID I was prescribed (no other NSAID did that for me) but the swelling went right down.

Granted I was Monday to Sunday 100mg BID. After hearing about problems getting these drugs I decided to alter my dose to M W F .. my feet aren’t swollen but they still hurt while my NSAID hasn’t kicked in.

I’m really happy they’re doing something for you 🙂 if i can convince my rheumy to give me minocen instead, I’d be happy..at least then i won’t have to take the probiotics.

How well is the gingko working? My friend has tinnitus that won’t go away, was wondering about suggesting that to her.

Take care!

-Mat

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Mat,
    @matv wrote:

if i can convince my rheumy to give me minocen instead, I’d be happy..at least then i won’t have to take the probiotics.

Where did you get that idea?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

matv
    Participant

Ah I apologize. I remember someone saying mino had some anti-yeast properties but probably not enough to stave off Candida. I’ll make the suggestion about gingko to my friend and see how she fairs. There was a website saying it wasn’t terribly good for tinnitus but It’s the thought.

kali
    Participant

Hey Ruffian,
    I can only tell you what happened to me and I hope it doesn’t scare you – because either way – healing does come. 😀
    Last summer when I started clindy and then later added doxy to that – I was just like you in that I felt ‘normal’ pretty quickly. The things I had not been able to do – I was doing again. My pain was very minimal, my brain was happy again…
    Then toward the end of summer – I started to feel sx stirring up again. I think my herx had just really begun. My guess is that the tetras immediately relieved the inflammation and were appeasing my immune system but then the internal environment shifted and the honeymoon ended as fast as it started. I then switched to mino and the die off really kicked up a notch. It took me a while to figure out what had happened and also to adjust my doses to a lower intake because then I ran into alot of hypersensitivity issues and that threw me off track once again.
    So…the good news is that now I am finally experiencing consistency in my healing and my herxes continue to be less painful and flu-like. I also feel like I am detoxing much better.

I hope the healing continues and the honeymoon has set in for the long term 😀

Kali

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,
    @Ruffian wrote:

The only things I did different this week is:
    Minocin
    added Lugol’s iodine
    ate only fruits and veggies
    started Ginkgo for ear ringing (ear ringing started after switching to mino)
    did Oxy Powder cleanse

In my experience, diet is more powerful (by far) than large doses of ibuprofen. Of course, that may not be true for everyone, but it is probably true for many others besides myself. If I hadn’t known to start changing my diet as soon as my symptoms appeared, I doubt that I would have been able to avoid the rheumatologists and their prednisone, methotrexate, etc.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.