Home Forums General Discussion Holy Smokes

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Lynne G.SD
    Participant

My sister who has MCTD/Lupus(full remission) now has cancer.Her doctor told her that both Lupus and SD are caused by cancer mutation .Here is an article she sent me. https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/news/media/releases/cancer_mutation_likely_trigger_of_scleroderma
    her doctor has her on chemo and an AP protocol that is most interesting.
    https://careoncology.com/the-coc-protocol-in-glioma/

Has anyone seen something like this?

Linda L
    Participant

Again “The causation of rheumatoid disease and many human cancers” by Roger Wyburn-Mason and Anthony Di Fabio.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

someone posted recently this great interview with Dr Alan cantwell in which he explains that he believes the same sorts of bacteria that cause reactions like SD are cancer causing as well.
    http://bacteriality.com/2007/09/cantwell/
    i think it’s pretty clear that you also need the right genetic makeup that makes you respond to bacteria in the way that manifests as rheumatic disease. but also as we know there are genes that predispose you to certain cancers as well and there is probably some overlap there.

my grandmother has been part of a longitudinal study at NIH for 30 yrs due to a mutation of a gene responsible for immune system suppression of tumors. she also has RA. the Gene has affected everyone in her family – everyone developing and dying of strange cancers (like mesothelioma without aespestos exposure). it took my mom too.

I recently went to the university of michigan to get tested and I have the Gene too which explains the basal cell carcinoma i developed at age 10 and 16.
    seems like NIH is interested in bringing me on to the study which would give me the best chance for long term survival.

long story short I think it’s very reasonable to believe that the way our individual bodies are programmed to respond to bacteria results in disease like SD and cancer.

very glad to hear your friend has a doc who seems to understand this and is giving her with a 2-pronged treatment. I hope she does well!!

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

also Lynne,
    I feel like the MCTD stuff that’s going on with me is looking more and more like it maybe has a lupus overlap, as I’m noticing reactions with sun exposure. as well as low serum complement c3 and c4.

what was your sister treating with to achieve remission?

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Spiffy1

https://www.thepaleomom.com/the-link-between-cancer-and-autoimmune-disease/

I tend to find articles like this one above that says Th1 dominance makes you more likely to have autoimmune conditions but less cancer and TH2 dominance tends to give you more cancer but less autoimmune. Regardless, this is one reason I am taking LDN. It is supposed to try to help balance these two. But who knows?

Of course we have to take into consideration our different mutations. Genetics are everything. They like to downplay genetics these days and say things like genetics only account for 30 percent but take oxygen away from the fire and there is no fire. Genetics are everything.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Spiffy1

But having said that all above my first cousin just got diagnosed with colon cancer in her mid 40’s. She is gluten and dairy free with an athletic build. A previous ballet dancer. Genetics are everything.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.