Home Forums General Discussion HLA B-27 & AP therapy

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    tc1425
    Participant

I wanted to know if anyone has had positive results with AP therapy and being HLA B-27 positive. I was diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis February 2012 and I also tested positive for the gene mutation HLA B-27 which I was told was synonymous with Rheumatoid arthritis and Psoriatic arthritis.
    In the fall of 2011 I took the prescription drug Accutane for acne until January 2012. During my Accutane treatment I started to notice some hip pain and some dryness in my scalp towards the end of my treatment which turned out to be psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis in my scalp. I knew that the dangers of Accutane before taking it but everything I have researched does not link Accutane to psoriatic arthritis, in fact it is sometimes used to treat psoriasis. Accutane does cause gastrointestinal problems which I did not have any issues with. I am just wondering if the Accutane did not cause some type of infection in my stomach to bring all of this one.
    Anyone that has the HLA B-27 mutation and AP therapy experience I would like to hear from. Thanks.

DragonSlayer
    Participant

Hello, tc1425:

HLA B-27 which I was told was synonymous with Rheumatoid arthritis and Psoriatic arthritis

You have been lied to.

HLA B27 is related to ankylosing spondylitis (AS) and only AS; PsA, ReAs, and any other condition people try to link with this antigen ALWAYS turns out to be AS.

AS can be treated with the right antibiotic at the right time, but antibiotics are a two-edged sword that can make things worse.

And AS cannot be treated with any success without using a dietary approach in conjunction with antibiotics; the bactericidal agents develop resistive colonies rapidly.

AS is very different from RA, but both are unrecognized reactive arthritides possibly due to the same mechanism of molecular mimicry, albeit to different pathogens.

After reading Carol Sinclair’s book “The New IBS Low-Starch Diet,” I highly recommend doing some AP that You can develop Yourself, but certainly welcome to my own AP for AS, or write to me: anzaltopo@yahoo.com. And the KickAS site has a great forum for dietary treatment (NSD Forum).

HEALTH,
    John

crowchez
    Participant

Hi,

I’m HLA B27 positive & was diagnosed with PsA (all my bloodwork for RA was negative). As John says, this really means AS. I’ve been on doxycycline/minocycline for 2 years & am doing well. I did radically alter my diet (went low-carb & try to eat as few starches as possible). Still a work in progress with some lingering muscle pain but no joint pain & limited tendon pain (in my achilles tendons this winter). I believe in the gut connection so whatever you can do to keep it healthy will go far in your recovery.

Deirdre

tc1425
    Participant

It is just weird that I have all of the of the symptoms of psoriatic arthritis like the sausage digit, psoriasis in the scalp, and pitting of a finger nail. Now the pain has recently started into my wrist and fingers. I never had psoriasis or any type of joint pain before Accutane and while taking it they both came on at the same time. It just seems like too much of a coincidence to me. Anyways my rheumatologist wanted to put me on MTX and after getting the prescription filled I ended up flushing it down the toilet, I just couldn’t bring myself to take another toxic drug. I am going to see my family doctor about AP soon and hopefully he will go for it and will be looking into changing my diet.
    I am really, how should I say this, sick about this because I have a job opportunity that I have strived for since I graduated high school. I have gone through the testing/hiring process so many times for this position and it is my luck that I finally make it once my health problems started. I don

tc1425
    Participant

It is just weird that I have all of the of the symptoms of psoriatic arthritis like the sausage digit, psoriasis in the scalp, and pitting of a finger nail. Now the pain has recently started into my wrist and fingers. I never had psoriasis or any type of joint pain before Accutane and while taking it they both came on at the same time. It just seems like too much of a coincidence to me. Anyways my rheumatologist wanted to put me on MTX and after getting the prescription filled I ended up flushing it down the toilet, I just couldn’t bring myself to take another toxic drug. I am going to see my family doctor about AP soon and hopefully he will go for it and will be looking into changing my diet.

I am really, how should I say this, sick about this because I have a job opportunity that I have strived for since I graduated high school. I have gone through the testing/hiring process so many times for this position and it is my luck that I finally make it once my health problems started. I don

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.