Home Forums General Discussion Hives & Mino.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eileen
    Participant

Last couple of months I’ve needed to work on yeast issues and discontinue mino. Three weeks ago, I started mino at 50 mgs M/W/F. Next week, 50 every day. Following week 50 2x a day. On Sunday I noticed some itchy red spots on my thighs, and legs. Seemed to wax and wane. This morning I woke to terrible raised blotches, bumps on front, back legs and especially on knees. This was awfully itchy and I could barely stand myself — so I took 2 Benadryl and within 1.5 hrs. felt better. I scheduled dermatologist appt. and of course it was mostly gone by 3PM in the afternoon. He ‘thought’ this could be from mino. and that I should change to doxy. Said it looked like hives. Help!

Thanks,
    Eileen

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Eileen,

What kind of mino are you taking? Minocin, Teva generic, Watson generic, or other?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Eileen
    Participant

Phil,

I’ve been on Watson brand right along. I don’t know if it’s allergy, bacterial allergy, hypersensitivity, or die off.

Thank,
    Eileen

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Eileen,

You could try opening up a capsule and dumping out the contents. Then thoroughly clean out the inside of both pieces with a dry cotton swab or piece of tissue or cotton. Then put the two halves back together and swallow the capsule like you normally would. The idea behind doing this is to try to determine which part of the capsule (if any) that you are reacting to. If you decide to try this idea, it would be prudent to first make sure that you have enough antihistamine on hand, just in case.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.