Home Forums General Discussion Higher dose probiotics recommendation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Grace
    Participant

My daughter is taking pb8 probiotics but the standard dose of 2 pills is only 14 billion. Does anyone here know of a good brand with a higher bacteria count? She has to swallow so many pills already, with the antibiotic and all the supplements, we’re looking for something with more “punch” without having to swallow even more pills!
    Thanks!

richie
    Participant

`No matter what probiotic you use -the dose mentioned on the bottle is for people NOT taking antibiotic or any other med that will destroy stomach flora —You must take a higher dose than mentioned on the bottle —I have used PB8 for over 15 years now while taking 200 mg daily of minocin -no issues –One or two probiotic capsules daily just wont cut it –I would think swallowing more probiotic is far more important than swallowing certain supplements —Richie

LL
    Participant

Look into Klaire labs probiotics…there are about 25 million per capsule…you can buy them from The Natural and they ship overnight with a cold pack.

CurlyinNC
    Participant

Hi, Grace. I’ve been using Garden of Life Raw Probiotics Ultimate Care which contains 100 billion CFU in a single small capsule. I typically buy these on vitacost.Com or in a Vitamin Shoppe store. Vitacost often has them on sale for around $32.

I can totally identify with the issue of swallowing so many pills. I don’t want to give up my other supplements just so I can swallow a handful of probiotics.

Diagnosed with RA 10/2014 with very positive anti-CCP. Rheumatoid factor was negative and continues to be negative.
    Began abx treatment 12/2014.
    Currently taking minocycline 100 mg bid M-F, diclofenac 75 mg as needed, probiotics, various other supplements.

kaz
    Participant

Hi there, hope you found the info you need already. If not, would she be willing to eat a fermented veggie? I buy the kraut from this company —> http://www.fireflykitchens.com/our-products/ and take a couple tablespoons daily, sometimes more because it starts to taste really good after awhile. 🙂 I do take a probiotic from the Naturopath too, but maybe this could be an option for you. Good luck!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.