Home Forums General Discussion High or low?

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    hotspur2904
    Participant

Thanks Vinny, I never usd the Diclofenac with the Minocycline.  I changed anti-inflamatories the day I started on on Minocycline.  I have also been taking a daily Lansoprazole for my stomach.  I'm just not sure about the Arcoxia as the Diclofenac seemed to help more although I was taking 3 x 50mg each day.

S

vinny
    Participant

Simon

That is the point I was trying to make. Your increase in pain is probably due to stopping the Diclofenac rather then a herx from the Minocycline. Can you go to 2x Diclofenac until the Minocycline has a chance to work?

vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

linda
    Participant

Arcoxia would be better for your stomach than diclofenac, other than that I don't know which would be better. It's just kind of a pick your poison game and you just have to figure out what works best for you and causes the fewest side effects.

spacehoppa
    Participant

Hi Simon,

You were taking the maximum dose of diclofenac at 150mg/day, but you're only taking 2/3rds the equivalent dose of Arcoxia. This could really explain some of your flare. If you want to continue on the Arcoxia, why not ask to be given two 60mg pills a day, which is the equivalent of your diclofenac.

I'm like you and the diclofenac (or Arcoxia for me right now) makes a tonne of difference. Plus, the diclofenac wears off so quickly it more likely explains the fact that you flared so much the very next day after switching.

Having said all of that, I am with you here. I started on 100mg minocycline about 4 weeks ago, and although I've had a few herxing days (when I thought that maybe I'd forgotten to take my steroids it was so bad), I'm now into my third day of definite 'this is it' herxing and it really is rough.

For me, it's manifesting as increased inflammation, but also a lot of feverishness on minimal exertion. Plus I just want to lie down all the time. I am due to start on 200mg minocin daily next week (as well as chloroquine and clarythromycin) and I'm kind of dreading it after this week's herxing.

I am trying to hold in my mind that this means it's working. I knew when I had my babies that those few years would be the hardest physically of my life so far, and so I'm just extending this mentality a bit further. Hopefully, like you, I can hang in there and get through these months of herxing to somewhere better. I have had the odd very good day since starting the minocin, so I know the good times are waiting!

Anyway, in the meantime, maybe a higher dose of Arcoxia would get you back on track? Wishing you all the best. It's nice to have someone who's at roughly the same point as me. We can moan together 😉 .

hotspur2904
    Participant

The change back to Diclofenac seems to have made a big difference. I know I'm taking a higher daily dose of 150mg rather than the 90mg of Arcoxia but two days back in and it seems to be working.  The Lansoprazole (I'm told!) is protecting my stomach. Lets see how it works with the 100mg Minocycline pulsed starting on Monday.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words.  I've felt like a bus has hit me these last few days however its really encouraging to know there are people out that are or have gone through what I'm experiencing.

Simon

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘ High or low?’ is closed to new replies.