Home Forums General Discussion hi, new here, long-term Lyme patient

Tagged: 

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    plant
    Participant

Hi,

I am considering long-term low-dose antibiotic treatment.

I contracted Lyme, Bartonella, Babesia and probably mycoplasma from a tick bite eight years ago. I was on high doses of multiple antibiotics for about three years after that (Bicillin, Rifampin, plaquenil, biaxin, mino, doxy, Septra, etc). They gave me gut flora issues so I stopped them. Since then I’ve developed some kind of autoimmune skin problem where my skin, ligaments, and tendons get hurt easily from everyday life. It’s unbearable. It got worse when I had a large mold exposure (I have pursued mold treatment and moved).

Last year I took azithromycin daily for six months when I acquired toxoplasmosis, and I had some of the best months I’ve had in a while health-wise. Was able to be very social, got hurt less, it was like I was well. Not as many autoimmune connective tissue issues. I got into a new relationship.

I tapered off of the azithromycin seven months ago and haven’t felt the same since then. I started getting connective tissue injuries again and got more irritable. My relationship has suffered in that I’m not able to do as much and I get hurt more.

I had a mild concussion recently and find myself craving antibiotics. Looking into taking minocycline at low doses to help reduce inflammation. I see my doctor next month.

It seems like nothing reduces my skin symptoms as well as antibiotics; but I have struggled to know how to take them long-term without side effects like I had before. craving antibiotics. Looking into taking minocycline at low doses to help reduce inflammation. I see my doctor next month.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi plant
    Am assuming your previous antibiotic regime was under the direction of an LLMD? Sounds like you need to consult him/her about your current issues

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Plant,

Can you kindly clarify if you’ve been given a rheumatic diagnosis by a rheumatologist? You’ve mentioned some type of autoimmune skin disease, but it might help to generate responses if we have more of an idea of your diagnosis, because there are no medical professionals here and it is just a place to offer personal experiences. Lyme can certainly show up in a confusing array of signs and symptoms, but as this site’s focus is on rheumatic disease, it can help to have a bit more info in this respect.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Becky
    Participant

Hi Plant,
    I would be interested in learning more about your skin symptoms from Lyme.
    After going down hill for 11 years, I finally found out I have Lyme and co-infections. Most of my skin is changing and I am trying to figure out it is Lyme/infections or Scleroderma. As I also tested positive for that but than the doctors dismissed it when I asked about systemic Candida.
    BL

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.