Home Forums General Discussion Hi all…just a little update

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    mschmidt
    Participant

Mj,

Thanks for the birthday wishes, and the compliment.  Definitely, let's get together–would love to meet you!

Eva,

I bought the ready made tea, and have used that consistently since summer of last year without any issues whatsoever.

Maria

mj47
    Participant

Eva,
    I've never seen kombucha that comes in anything other than glass.  Do you mean those cartons that soy & rice milk come in?  I don't really know anything about their safety.  My rice milk comes in one & I don't really give it any thoughts.:blush:  But, kombucha is considered a live food and I feel like living food might absorb things more readily, but I've no idea if that's valid.
    The kombucha I get comes in glass bottles.  It's called GT Dave's Kombucha.  They have it at my regular grocery store. 
    Here's a link to the page on their website that tells you where you can buy it:  http://www.synergydrinks.com/wheretobuy.html
    ~mj

vinny
    Participant

MJ47

I don't have any evidence that LDN had any impact on my skin Psoriasis. It was not apparent that I had skin Psoriasis before the arthritis attack and only got bad during the times I weaned off Prednisone. Mostly scalp, eyelids and ears were involved. I don't currently have any areas of active skin involvement, so I believe that LDN has enough positive effects that it is worth trying once the arthritis is under control. LDN can cause some sleep disruption in some people, but I am now sleeping the best I ever have. Historically have always had sleep issue.

vinny

Psoriatic Arthritis: 100mg Minoz Minocycline TABLET daily; twice daily 400mg Pentoxifylline;125mcg Levotyroxine: Have been using some level of Minocycline since 2008

A Friend
    Participant

Hello mj47,

Regarding your post about the psoriatic event, in one of the books I studied by Dr. Wm Crook, he made an association with a yeast/fungal connection to psoriasis.  It could be that with the illness and the meds (both/all) cause our bodies to get more and more acidic — plus the yeast/fungus itself perpetuates a very acidic condition. 

When we have this type of condition, we need to look at everything and learn all we can:  pH, diet, meds, detoxification, yeast/fungal treatment, and on and on — including protecting ourselves with antioxidants.  Most often, I understand, we can have the acidosis type problems (and the tendency to these problems) for a very long time, even if we don't recognize that we have these problems.  Especially if we are younger, say under 45, our bodies can keep on using up our “resiliency” until we can't continue in a healthy state, and the body screams at us (shows us blatant symptoms) and says we can't do “this” anymore. 

Just my own experience. 

Good luck,

AF

Viewing 4 posts - 16 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘ Hi all…just a little update’ is closed to new replies.