Home Forums General Discussion Herxing Ten Days After Higher Dose Clindamycin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    notabene
    Participant

I have looked for the reference to herxing after taking a monthly higher dose of Clindamycin, but cannot find the post I remembered. So, I’ve started this thread to search for the information.

Ten days after the week of IV Clindamycin in Ida Grove in May, I had strong pain in my hands. In July, I had hand pain and very mild stomach queasiness after a monthly dose of oral Clindamycin (don’t have access to IV facilities), 300 mg three times on the particular day. No problem that I recall in June with the first dose of oral Clindamycin. The herx passes within two days.

Clindamycin does wonders, and the reaction does not outweigh the benefit (an aspirin did the trick). But since I have never herxed on minocycline, I wondered if others have had a similar experience with the higher dose of clindamycin.

Thanks – Nancy

cavalier
    Participant

Yes Nancy I have – not while on the IV but a week to 10 days later indeed. I have on higher dosages of ABX too orally.

Best – Jill SD & Lyme

notabene
    Participant

Hi Jill – It’s good to know that the ten-day reaction is not just me. I just took my monthly oral Clindamycin today, and will wait to see how I feel in ten days or thereabouts. I plan to detox heavily this round. Best – Nancy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.