Home Forums General Discussion Herxing or not ? for a 6 yr old

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kseevers
    Participant

Ok we started Michael on AB therapy in January 2012 – 1 tsp of Amoxicillin and within a week or so was sick, throwing up, fevor, stomache pain–Doc says it’s a virus. Couple months later we up his dose to 1 tsp twice a day and within a week he’s sick with sinus & ear infection, overall feels pretty lousy. Now few months later Michael is complaining of ear and face pain so we go to his doc–Michael has left ear infection and had not been swimming, he has an abcess on the inside of his lip. He’s taken off the Amoxicillin and put on Omnicef for 10 days @ 1 1/2 tsp once a day. For the first few days he seemed to feel better then he woke up nausiated, very very tired, achey all over and very cranky. That lasted a couple days then he said his right ear , right eye, and face were hurting. We go back to the doctors and he says to finish out the Omnicef and go back to Amoxicillin,that left ear is fine right ear is red and inflamed and maybe face pain was coming from teeth even tho we have no active problems and thats all fine but when I ask about the possibility that he’s Herxing — I was completely blowed off , so we get into the conversation of my belief that Lyme is the trigger and Herxing goes with it, he didn’t want to go any further with that but said he didn’t think there could possibly be that much bacteria in Michaels body to cause herxing. I am so thankful for our doc and doing the AB therapy for us but it is so in my face that we need a LLMD!! So am I crazy mom or could he be herxing ?

PhilC
    Participant

Hi,
    @kseevers wrote:

So am I crazy mom or could he be herxing ?

Yes, I think he could be herxing. Has Michael ever taken N-acetyl cysteine (NAC)? If not, it would be interesting to see how he reacts to it.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

kater
    Participant

It sounds like he might be herxing to me too. And I hope you do get the Lyme testing done soon. I wish I had done mine sooner. My heart aches for you all–the poor little lamb. Don’t get discouraged (and if you do keep going!) by the docs blowing you off. It has taken me 14 years to find out what is wrong with my daughter and everyone in western medicine seemed to think she should just get used to it, or get over it. Turns out she has anaplasmosis and probably Lyme. At least that is part of her problem. She is 20 now and got very sick when she was 6. Hope you figure it out much faster but you are on the right track with this infectious disease thing!! She is now on treatment and tolerating it (which is a miracle in itself). Her IBS is so much better almost right away but she has really bad fatigue and brainfog and has had to drop her university courses for now. I do hope you find a good LLMD and there is a lot of help in naturopathics, diet and supplements –though not the easiest with little guys. Keep us posted. My thoughts are with you!
    kate

Systemic Scleroderma since 2010. Lyme and Myco P. AP and many other antibiotics and treatments since Nov. 2011. Presently mostly in remission other than fatigue.
    Teva Minocycline 100mg a day. Dessicated tyroid, LDN 4.5, LDI, hawthorne, curcurmin, berberine,, caprylex, reishi mushroom, liver protect, zinc,, fish oils, magnesium, vit K2, d3, bcomp, E, C

kseevers
    Participant

Phil, Thank you for the info, I had to look up NAC to see what it was– Like a few other things I wonder why this has not been suggested ? I’ve requested his vit-D level checked & asked about getting a biopsy but none of the docs have thought it necessary.

Kate, Thank you for your kindness and info !! Michael was diagnosed with IBS the same day he was diagnosed with Morphea and used to lay and sob because the pain in his stomache was so bad, we’ve adjusted his diet as best we could and are still working on that( 6 yr olds are so stubborn ) and for 7 days now he’s been taking Culturelle with LGG and that seems to be helping. He also has the brain fog at times, extreme fatigue, tingly hands and feet that comes and goes, joint pain, eye and face pain. When I spoke with nurse to schedule Nuerology appt she said if our doc would call and have a doc to doc conversation with Nuerologist oncall we could get Michael in sooner than Oct. but our doc said we should save that appt for a kid who really needs it–I wanted to cry. Give your daughter a hug & tell her my thoughts and prayers are with you both !! Thank you, thank you, thank you, Kathy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.