Home Forums General Discussion herxing or healing?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    chrysalis
    Participant

Hi am doing Mino 100mg 3 times a week and seem to get worse the day after I take it, how do you know if you should change to everyday or a higher dose-I think I am being impatient but am finding it so painful to walk all the time now and suppose a bit frightened that my feet will never come good again, also if I am constantly herxing would more be worse. Any input welcome. Thanks

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Chrysalis – I looked over your previous posts and saw that you only changed to mino in mid December. You are in the classic herxing phase right now. There are things you can do to help your body detox from the die-off. Upping your dose is likely to make things worse, not better in folks with inflammatory components to their disease.There is quite alot of info on this in main site. Here are a couple of links:: https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm/fuseaction/education.display/display_id/91.html
    https://www.roadback.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=education.display&display_id=124
    Also watching the Dr Brown video (link to this in permanent posts at top of Forum) will explain more about this phenomenon.
    You could also try the epsom salts/hydrogen peroxide baths to help detox (see below). Go easy on the hydrogen peroxide to begin with as this can also promote herxing. If you can get access to a far infrared sauna, this will also help, as will drinking lots of water to help flush toxins.If you are finding the herxing intolerable, then you could also consider having a washout period of a week or so then start again at a lower dose and perhaps on only 2 days a week. You can then build up your dose as you begin to tolerate it. You may be hyper-sensitive – some hypersensitive people have started as low as 25mg mino per week and still found that they herxed. Only you can know what is tolerable for you to still be able to function. As John McDonald used to say, the idea is to kill microbes, not the patient! Hope this helps some and hope you have some relief soon. Lynnie

Epsom salts/hydrogen peroxide bath
    Soak in a bath of 2 cups Epsom salts and 2 x 16 oz bottles of hydrogen peroxide for about 30 minutes. It helps rid the body of toxins deep in tissues and kills a wide spectrum of microbes. (First, soak in tub about 5 minutes before adding the peroxide and Epsom Salts to open pores.) This can be done at least 1 to 3 times per week. Take no vitamins 4-8 hours before bath. The hydrogen peroxide may be increased later to 3 bottles per bath if well tolerated.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.