Home Forums General Discussion Herx reaction

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    lemons
    Participant

I would give the clinic a ring just for you own peace of mind, maybe your dose needs to be lowered to 50mg or even switched to Doxycyline to start. Do you go to the Lister hospital in Stevenage ?

PhilC
    Participant

@lemons wrote:

Soup was vegetables with homemade stock, and the only fat used was rice bran oil.

Did those vegetables include potatoes, tomatoes, or peppers (including things like cayenne or chili powder)?

@lemons wrote:

I think I may have a problem with yeast in foods ,as I used to eat Marmite (don’t know if you have it in the US?) its a savoury spread u put on toast made from yeast. Always felt bloated after eating it.

I believe you may be right about that.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Valsmum
    Participant

Dunlop,Sorry to hear about your shoulders. 🙁 I could not tolerate even the smallest amount of mino, I reacted to it like I do to many foods I cannot eat. I am hypersensitive to it. I know it works for many but it did not work for me. Eating a diet of 90 % fruits and vegeatables, made my labs drop, joints go from frozen to moving, and nodules disappear, in about 6 months. I think healing the gut(immune system) from all the junk food and meds we put in it is the best thing we can do for ourseleves.

Hope you find some relief.

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Lemons and Dunlop,

I too have been on the Minocin for almost 3 months and have thought to myself it isn’t working :(. So glad to hear what you have shared Lemons as I am longing for the shoulder pain (which makes for tough sleeping) and the wrist pain to be absent! I am going to see Dr. F in California in a little over a month and I am looking forward to it. He is pro AP therapy from what I have read. I too use 800mg Motrin when necessary for the pain and only when really necessary as I hear it’s bad for the gut :(.

I will tell myself, it won’t be much longer and to hang in there

lemons
    Participant

Thanks Roberta, hope your shoulder pain eases up, I still get some nasty twinges and the odd shooting pain but the constant pain has gone. Can now lift both arms above head and in last couple of weeks I am finding it increasingly less difficult to get comfortable in bed at night. That awful zombie like feeling from lack of sleep has gone too, I had started to dread going to bed, even though I was exhausted. x

Dunlop321
    Participant

Thanks Val, Roberta, lemons,

Spoke to my minocylene doc yesterday who believe my reaction is almost certainly a Herx reaction. She told me to cut back my dosage and increase my Mobic to 2 x 7.5mg each morning.

Thank god there way a huge improvement today. I have able to get out of bed without roaring I pain and walk down the stairs. On Monday and Tuesday I was not able to do this. I found myself not wanting to sit down as was worried I would not be able to get back up. It’s amazing how much you appreciate these little things after they are removed from day to day life.

This forum really is great for getting advice and hope. Many thanks

Anonymous
    Participant

I was doing great on my mino with minimal herxing until I had to go on a 4 day regiment of Cipro for UTI (500 mg 2x per day). I was taking a pulsing dose of mino 100 mg 2x per day MWF. Recently, 7 days after discontinuing the Cipro and beginning the mino again I am having some very concerning reactions: eye pain, headache, skin rash and sore throat. My AP doc is out of town so I made an appt. with an eye doctor to check eye pressure. I am so concerned that I will not tolerate the mino. Was it the Cipro that may have thrown me off or am I having a reaction due to the mino itself? I was approximately 60 days into treatment. I am just worried because I was doing so well. The eye pain of course is very alarming. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

lemons
    Participant

Hello Rio, your symptoms could be drug induced lupus caused by the Minocin. Its rare but sometimes happens when on long term drugs such as minocycline. Don’t panic as I maybe wrong and it goes away once drug is stopped and then you could change to a different antibiotic. I wouldn’t wait for your AP doctor to return, I would go to your regular GP if no one else around as you may need a blood test (antinuclear antibody panel ANA ) to determine or rule this out. I would also start a brand new thread for this subject so more people read your post, you will get replies from members with more experience.

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Rio,

It is hard to say. It may just be a coincidence — your new symptoms may have nothing to do with minocycline. Or, as you suspect, the Cipro may have stirred things up and now you’re getting a stronger reaction to the mino. You may need to temporarily lower your dose of mino or take a short break from it (or both).

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.