Home Forums General Discussion Herx or Doxy side effects?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    tainabell
    Participant

I have been surfing Lymenet and finding a lot of info!  More specifics on the Western Blot, etc.   Good stuff!

Thanks so much for all the resources….

m.
    Participant

[user=854]tainabell[/user] wrote:

Thanks for your responses….I really am feeling a lot better today, at least emotionally.

Kim
    Participant

m, what's a PIA?

Here's my experience.  When I first got sick and didn't realize that Lyme was part of my dx with SD, I treated with pulsed abx.  For sure, it knocked down the bacterial load.  Now that I'm treating with massive doses of rotating abx, there is a raging war in my body.  I have never felt this lousy so whatever is happening, it is different.

m.
    Participant

[user=40]Kim[/user] wrote:

m, what's a PIA?

Here's my experience.

Trudi
    Participant

PIA = pain in the ass 😉

Never would have guessed this in my wildest dreams!!  What  a wonderful laugh and healing I got out of this–you know, “Laughter is the best medicine!” :roll-laugh::roll-laugh::roll-laugh:

Thanks,

Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Kim
    Participant

[user=732]m.[/user] wrote:

PIA = pain in the ass 😉

Thanks for clarifying.

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=732]m.[/user] wrote:

If Lyme is an acute infection, but also a stealth infection, why not just treat it with low dose pulsing antibiotics long term? Wouldn't attacking it head on with higher doses just drive it into hiding (L-forms)?

Hi Michelle,

Makes very good sense and is described in Dr B's treatment guidelines and why a combo approach is used to combat the L (spherplastic) and cystic forms (as well as coinfections).

http://www.ilads.org/burrascano_1102.html

“LYME DISEASE TREATMENT INFORMATION

There is no universally effective antibiotic for treating LB (Lyme borreliosis). The choice of medication used and the dosage prescribed will vary for different people based on multiple factors. These include duration and severity of illness, presence of co-infections, immune deficiencies, prior significant immunosuppressant use while infected, age, weight, gastrointestinal function, blood levels achieved, and patient tolerance. Doses found to be effective clinically are often higher than those recommended in older texts. This is due to deep tissue penetration by Bb, it's presence in the CNS including the eye, within cells, within tendons, and because very few of the many strains of this organism now known to exist have been studied for antibiotic susceptibility. In addition, all animal studies of susceptibility to date have only addressed early disease in models that behave differently than human hosts. Therefore, begin with a regimen appropriate to the setting, and if necessary, modify it over time based upon response.”

Basically, LLMDs hit borreliosis and coinfections hard and then modify the antibiotic protocols over time, depending on patient response and longterm improvement/lack of improvement trends.

Peace, Maz  

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘ Herx or Doxy side effects?’ is closed to new replies.