Home Forums General Discussion Help strange case of AS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    APbeliever
    Participant

For the past 3 years I had RA and now when it seems to vanish all of a sudden, my back and hip bones are the ones affected. So my doc thinks it is AS. I have such a stiff back then I cant seem to walk now. It developed like a month ago. Hip bones are also affected. The other pain areas are the entire spin and both sides of the area where the hip attaches to the spine. All the spine seems to have swelled a lot and I am walking around like I am the hunchback of Notre Damn. Is there any diet or antibiotics that anyone can recommed for it. I am shocked that none of my fingers or hands seem to be hurting anymore like they used to be. HLAB27 was always negative. I just cant believe things could go wrong like that in a month specially when I took myself off Minocycline and LDN 3-4 months ago after using them for three years for RA pain. It seems like RA pain is not there anymore at all. Strange isnt it?

nspiker
    Participant

Hi APbeliever,

Have you gone back on the minocin and LDN? That would be my first thought since it worked so well for your RA.

nancy

Valsmum
    Participant

Hi there,

I have the same thing, my knees and hips kill me. It is mostly my left si joint, but sometimes just the whole sacrum area hurts.
    I was in so much pain that I was willing to anything. I gave my abx a break because I was getting a lot of inflammtion from them , then I adopted the NSD, but I had to go a step further and right now I am eating chicken, turkey, non starchy veggies and non starchy fruits. I had to get out of the pain I was in. I have been eating the rottiserre chicken you find cooked at the deli in the grocery store over some romaine lettuce with some green onions. This rather strict diet has seemed to bring me out of one my worst flares ever, and I am feeling great. Diet works for some and not others,but since I have AS symptoms like you after my initial RA diagnosis, I just wanted to tell you what has REALLY worked for me. I can see remission in the next year, I feel so much better.

Hope you feel better soon,
    Sheri

ps- My hla-b27 is negative too, but I have the same symptoms as you or an ASer.

A Friend
    Participant

@APbeliever wrote:

For the past 3 years I had RA and now when it seems to vanish all of a sudden, my back and hip bones are the ones affected. So my doc thinks it is AS. I have such a stiff back then I cant seem to walk now. It developed like a month ago. Hip bones are also affected. The other pain areas are the entire spin and both sides of the area where the hip attaches to the spine. All the spine seems to have swelled a lot and I am walking around like I am the hunchback of Notre Damn. Is there any diet or antibiotics that anyone can recommed for it. I am shocked that none of my fingers or hands seem to be hurting anymore like they used to be. HLAB27 was always negative. I just cant believe things could go wrong like that in a month specially when I took myself off Minocycline and LDN 3-4 months ago after using them for three years for RA pain. It seems like RA pain is not there anymore at all. Strange isnt it?

AP Believer, I’d like to suggest that you go to a very respected chiropractor and get your back and hips checked out. With your pain and acidosis, it’s possible that you’ve had some deterioration in the spine, cartilage, tendons, etc. Am not trying to scare you, and this can be greatly helped even if this is true…. BUT you need to know the status of your bones in those areas, so if you do have deterioration there, you can begin addressing it. A similar thing actually sneaked up on me. I didn’t want to go to other doctors about this until I knew what my problem was. The chiropractor (I’d known for a long time, but had only seen once years ago), could tell there was a problem and took x-rays, which confirmed the problem. I did my usually cramming for information.

Crossing my fingers that you will get a good report if you go.

AF

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Diet works for some and not others,but since I have AS symptoms like you after my initial RA diagnosis, I just wanted to tell you what has REALLY worked for me. I can see remission in the next year, I feel so much better.

Sheri – diet has been an integral part of my treatment plan since I started with a very experienced doc in early 2008. This doc is absolutely insistent on the importance of diet (as well as combo abx) in treating all rheumatoid diseases and believes all of us with them also have Leaky Gut. I avoid gluten (almost universal in its impact on these diseases it now seems), dairy, sulphites most particularly and, in general acid-forming foods. I can really feel it almost immediately if I ingest any of those.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.