Home Forums General Discussion Help Inform Friends Who Have RA

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lorene
    Participant

Ok, This AM I am on my soapbox! I have 2 friends who have RA and who see rheumatologists and are on biologics. Both of them have been taking the biologics for years and are still in pain. I have tried to get them to at least try the antibiotic therapy but they don’t want to upset or offend their rheumatologist. I feel so badly for both of them because they have pain and a lot of swelling. People just don’t know about antibiotic therapy treatment and that for so many people it really works!

Jan Lucinda1
    Participant

You can tell people about AP but if they are not open to something other than what they are told by their conventional rheumatologist there is, sadly, nothing else you can do at this time IMO.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

I lorene;
    You are not the only one to ask that question.There were four of us in our town who had SD and we would get together to compare notes every now and then.3 are dead and i’m doing pretty darn well.One friends was even taking 75mg of pred a day,can you believe it.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

This is a subject that has come up many times over the years. There are still many people I know who won’t even discuss the treatment I’m on with me – they just think it’s one of my “odd” things. We all see the world through different lenses. Best thing I’ve found is for me to be open about what approach I take if people ask what treatment I’m on and then, if they ask more, I’ll tell them.

In a way, it’s the same as Road Back. The Foundation aims to provide as much information and resources about this approach as people want and need and lets people decide for themselves what they want to pursue.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Woods1977
    Participant

I think there are two kinds of people- those of us who refuse to take

lorene
    Participant

Thanks for the comments all of you and you are all correct. We can inform but it is their decision and choice.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.