Home Forums General Discussion Help for Early stage SD

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Mssada33
    Participant

I have been taking minocycline for about 3 months now and have been doing pretty good on it however, I now have noticed a severe buzzing sensation throughout my entire body. It started as mild about a month ago, but now it is pretty intense. Sometimes it’s difficult to fall asleep due to it. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this in their early stages of SD. My first thought was perhaps this was a side effect of the medication but i’m not sure. My other thought was, perhaps I’m deficient in a vitamin but I do keep up with my supplements pretty well. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Hi Mssada,

The buzzing sensation doesn’t seem familiar to me – but perhaps you could describe it a bit more?

I do know that a few new weird things started happening after I started antibiotics. They would happen for a while and then one day be gone.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

Mssada33
    Participant

Pinkmoth, the buzzing is hard to describe. It kind of feels like I have a consistent electrical current running through my body. Today my Rheumo wrote to me and said that my complement C3 was low which could suggest activity of connective tissue disease so this made me believe that perhaps the SD is kicking in. I began taking mino three months ago after I had a positive Scl-70 antibody, swelling in fingers, and difficulty curling my fingers into a fist.

Pinkmoth
    Keymaster

Mssada,
    That could indeed be it. I think it’s really good that you have a 3 month head start with the antibiotics. It could really give a better chance of getting better before the symptoms advance too much further.

Autoimmune: ANA positive speckled. Probable MCTD with SD overlap. Hashimoto's. Possible Erlos Danlos. Mold Illness.
    Infections: Bartonella, toxoplasmosis, mycoplasma, EBV
    Meds: minocycline (Zydus generic) 100mg 1x daily,
    Supps: digestive enzymes, Monolaurin, Betaine hydrochloric acid, iron, quercetin, biocidin

April15533
    Participant

Which brand of minocycline and what dose. I hope to start my treatment for SD soon, and wondered what the typical dose is. I also have Sarcodosis now.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.