Home Forums General Discussion Help for begginer

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Pacer
    Participant

Hi ,
    I am 45 year old man and I suffer from AS since 1999 .Untill september 2014 my reumy treated me successively starting with sulfasalazin and ending with Humira . When I did my current blood work in september 2014 noticed that ASAT increased to 132 . After that I stopped taking Humira and started research in web for solution and found antibiotic theraphy (AP).
    I started AP without any support from doc on 27 th of october 2014 with 100 mg Minocin twice a day MWF and additional supplements. For inflammat?ry supresion I use diclofenac 2×75 mg every day.
    As I espected my symptons increased ( probably Herx reaction) , even new joints were involved – wrists, ankles and since this morning right knee. Is it normal ?
    A few days ago I did blood work and noticed that inflammation markers were extreamly high CRP-182 ,ESR

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Pacer–

Cat’s claw may be part of your problem. On the General Discussion page there is a search box. If you type in “Cat’s Claw”, you will come up with a lot of information.

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Pacer
    Participant

Thank you Trudi for quick reply . Cats Claw is part of treatment as you can see in my signiture.

Maz
    Keymaster

@Pacer wrote:

Hi ,
    I am 45 year old man and I suffer from AS since 1999 .Untill september 2014 my reumy treated me successively starting with sulfasalazin and ending with Humira . When I did my current blood work in september 2014 noticed that ASAT increased to 132 . After that I stopped taking Humira and started research in web for solution and found antibiotic theraphy (AP).
    I started AP without any support from doc on 27 th of october 2014 with 100 mg Minocin twice a day MWF and additional supplements. For inflammat?ry supresion I use diclofenac 2×75 mg every day.
    As I espected my symptons increased ( probably Herx reaction) , even new joints were involved – wrists, ankles and since this morning right knee. Is it normal ?
    A few days ago I did blood work and noticed that inflammation markers were extreamly high CRP-182 ,ESR

Trudi
    Participant

@Pacer wrote:

Cats Claw is part of treatment as you can see in my signiture.

Yes, that is why I thought to bring it to your attention.

Maz brings up some good points. I was on prednisone to help me get through my son’s wedding. The rebound pain (pain after coming off the medicine) was awful.

My inflammation markers were through the roof while on antibiotics. You may want to see if reducing the amount may help. Some people have reduced their dose to 25 mg to find relief. Enter “dosing” in the search box for a lot of information. Be forwarned that often when any treatment is altered it can cause a herx.

Hope you find some relief.
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Pacer
    Participant

Hi Maz
    My location is Bulgaria. I have already asked for list of doctors here in forum , but the answer was negative ( no such doctors in Bg or in neighborhood . The nearest experienced AP doctor is situated in London GB . This is too far and expensive for me to visit this doctor at this moment. I know that the visit to AP doctor is wise action , but due to financial reasons this is impossible for me now .Before the starting Humira my reumy done all required tests yes

Trudi
    Participant

@Pacer wrote:

Obviously I failed to tame inflammation , but I don

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Pacer;
    Have you read any of the information posted by Dragonslayer?He is a member with the same disease and has a web site called http://www.kickas.org Maybe he has some good info for you.

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Pacer,

@Pacer wrote:

My location is Bulgaria. I have already asked for list of doctors here in forum , but the answer was negative ( no such doctors in Bg or in neighborhood . The nearest experienced AP doctor is situated in London GB . This is too far and expensive for me to visit this doctor at this moment. I know that the visit to AP doctor is wise action , but due to financial reasons this is impossible for me now .

Yes, that is very understandable, Pacer. The nearest doctor we have listed for Bulgaria would be in Italy. If you would like this info, I’d be happy to send it to you. Alternatively, I’d suggest contacting the folks at Eurolyme, as they may have listings for Lyme Literate MDs (LLMDs) in Bulgaria that could help you. LLMDs also use antibiotic protocols and will also help to identify offending pathogens. Here is contact info for the advocate in Europe:

http://www.lymenet.org/SupportGroups/Europe/EuroLyme.shtml

Before the starting Humira my reumy done all required tests yes

flower
    Participant

Hi Pacer,

I have Psoriatic arthritis since 2012 but I had symptoms from before 🙄

did you try to test your vitamin D levels? vitamin D is very important in psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis

Pacer
    Participant

Maz,Lynne and Trudi , thank you all about suggestions and your kindness .Im going to find out first what is the problem with my liver enzymes.So I have an appointment with gastroenterolog next week in closest university hospital . My reumy suspects autoimunne hepatitis induced by Humira .And Maz you were right – Im in a lot of pain.

Trudi
    Participant

@Pacer wrote:

Im going to find out first what is the problem with my liver enzymes.

Hi Pacer–
    About 10 years ago, my doctor put me on blood pressure medication that included a diuretic. I not only developed gout in my right ankle, but my liver enzymes became so high that the doctor wanted to do a liver biopsy (I did not do this). Thankfully, stopping the diuretic brought my liver enzymes to normal. Perhaps you might be dehydrated and additional water may be of help? Sometimes we forget the simple things.

I’m sorry that you are in such pain. I will keep you in my prayers.

Take care,
    Trudi

Linda L
    Participant

What is ASAT and HGB /red cells?
    Trudi,
    Yu have written that
    higher doses of folate and B12 plus a B Complex helped you.
    Could you please advise what are higher doses? How long after you started taking tem you felt an improvement? The article about homocysteine is excellent.
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Trudi
    Participant

@Linda L wrote:

Could you please advise what are higher doses? How long after you started taking tem you felt an improvement? The article about homocysteine is excellent.

Hi Linda–
    The folate is 1,000mcg and the B12 is also 1,000mcg. I use the MethylAssist from http://www.pureencapsulations.com/ so you can see the other ingredients. The B-Complex Plus is also listed; too many to list, but I only take one a day.

I felt improvement from day one. It gave me a feeling of relaxation and lesser pain. I didn’t start the B-Complex Plus until months later and wished I had started right away. At the beginning I took the Homocysteine Factor because they had a lower dose of folate and B12. I played with the dose for 5-6 months; sometimes stopping a couple of days when my body was too uncomfortable. I actually added the Homocysteine Factor back in again a couple of weeks ago but stopped after a week. Too uncomfortable especially painful knees.

Glad you like the article. I get his newsletter. I like his down to earth approach.

Good luck, Trudi

Linda L
    Participant

Trudi,
    Thank you very much. It looks I cannot purchase from this company /practitioners only/. Also on their website they don’t show the exact amounts of ingredients. What a pity. I have written to them anyway. I take B12 methylocobalamin sublingual 1000 mcg now and somehow I have good feelings about it. Also from America. Here they sell cyanocobalamin only /!/ I think I should really try your B vitamin idea. Thank you.
    Linda L.

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.