Home Forums General Discussion Hello, all! I’m back. Need help…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    karin1013
    Participant

Hello, everyone! Not sure who remembers me around here. I had been enjoying remission from about 2007-2015 — eight years!! It really works people! Well, I oh so stupidly went in for an emergency root canal on January 1, and my RA is creeping back. I had no choice, I was in pain and was going out of the country the next day!! To get married! And I had moved, so I didn’t have my normal biologic dentist to go to. Anyhow, I went back to my doc in Riverside last week. (I have been on azithromycin 3x per week for years, and also did 6 months of IV clindy in 2006). Well he put me on a new regimen of Minocycline 3x per week and clindamycin 3x per day. He, too, is convinced it is the root canal. (I had 2 root canals right before my RA came on at the end of 2005). My problem is: I cannot remember how I am to take the MInocycline. Is it M-W-F? is it 100 mg once per day or 2x per day? And does anyone know what time of day to take the clindy? I can’t remember what he told me! Only good thing that has come out of all of this: I can most definitely point to my root canals as the source of my RA. At least now I know… Do not get a root canal!! Agh… Hope everyone is well. Thank you, Karin

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Karin – nice to see you but sorry it’s under these circumstances.

If it were me, I’d call his offices at Riverside and leave a message for him with this question – the answer for which you can retrieve via the staff. He knows your history and would be the best person to advise what dose he suggests at this point, especially with the clindamycin in the mix too.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

karin1013
    Participant

Thank you, Lynnie! I was planning to call on Monday. I just wasn’t sure what to do over the weekend. Thanks for responding. He did say he thinks I will be back to normal soon and thinks we can push it back into remission! It is nowhere near as bad as it was at the beginning of 2006. Just scary… terrifying to think it might come back! Thanks! 😉 ~Karin

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.