Home Forums General Discussion HEARTBURN RELIEF ANYONE???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    vonni
    Participant

Just had a follow up visit with my LLMD. He suggested Alkaseltzer Gold for epigastric distress–does not affect the absorption of Minocycline. I tried it and it works great! I am glad to know this as I have had a year of heartburn with Mino! I wanted to share it with all of you. It can be found at CVS Pharmacy or Medicap Pharmacy. The only difference between this and regular Alkaseltzer is that it contains no aspirin.

Okie Tam
    Participant

I suggest you purchase Dr. Sherry Rogers book, “No more heartburn” at prestigepublishing.com. She strongly suggests that doctors over-prescribe meds that poison our bodies by masking the symptoms instead of finding the problem and the cure.

mschmidt
    Participant

Vonni,

I’m glad to hear that you found some temporary relief for your heartburn. I had to deal with that for about a year, and was on a PPI for that long. I was very hesitant to be on a med for heartburn but, also knew that my SD could do some seriously damage to my esophagus if I didn’t get it under control. No dietary change I made put a dent in my heartburn at that time. I gave my body time to heal, and weaned myself off of the PPI (very SLOWLY and carefully). My diet is pretty clean now–I’m gluten free, mostly dairy free, sugar free, and I replaced my morning coffee with tea. I’ve been off my PPI since January, with zero reflux issues. I did a candida cleanse this summer as well, as candida can wreak havoc on your body, and certainly contribute to heartburn…and many other problems. I’ve slept with a wedge pillow now since March 2009, just in case I have residual heartburn at night.

I have several of Sherry Roger’s books–highly recommend that one, as well as “Detoxify or Die.”

Maria

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.