Home Forums General Discussion HEART PALPITATIONS

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DAR
    Participant

Just wondering if anyone has had trouble with having heart palpitations? I never had them before when I was taking mino but since I took a break and now with my flare I went back on the mino I am having palpitations a lot of them, I called my Dr and he had me go for blood work to see what was going on, everything came back normal except for my magnesium level which was low but not terribly low and he had me go off of the mino to see if that is what is causing them, if it is causing them, I am really scared that I could not take mino anymore and then what would I do, if anyone has experienced this let me know what you have done.
    Dar

Nico
    Participant

I have them sometime alot then sometime never, it can be caused from some medications, like the Revatio I took for my Raynauds did it mostly to me.

Nico
    Participant

Check the Niefedipine you are taking for side effects, it seems like when I took that one too, I had more than usuall, I believe I read that one of its side effects was heart palpitations.But always check with your Dr. first he would know for sure.
    Nico 🙂

hi nico, i was wondering if your thyroid levels might need checking and your medication adjusted ? kind reggards .di.

RAinPA
    Participant

I have had issues with heart palpitations too. Mine didn’t start until I did the clindimycin iv’s however since I did those, back in March, the palpitations have never gone away. I’m only 30 and other than the RA have been in good heath. My Dr. did bloodwork, an EKG, and a 24 hour holster monitor which showed I was having premature ventricular contractions, which according to my Dr is nothing to be concerned about. (easy for him to say considering he’s not the one having them and stressing about it 🙄 ) You should definitely have it checked out though.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.