Home Forums General Discussion Heart Issues? Humira or ReA? Or What?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    worldofme
    Participant

Lately, for last two weeks I started having shortness of breath upon movement along with racing heart feeling all day long. There is no chest pain.

Sometimes shortness of breath will make speaking difficult along with dizzy feeling.

I have appt with my PCP but Cardio has assure me that ECG, EKG, and Holter monitor reports are clean.

So does this sound like pneumonia? or Heart issues? Or what? Is this cause by Humira or ReA?

Deep breath will cause dizzy feeling and racing heart along with me standing up right away.

This all started in last two weeks.

worldofme
    Participant

My ECG is 5 months old.

Linda L
    Participant

With pneumonia you wouldn’t be able to take a deep breath. First I would check heart ASAP.
    Linda L

RA tried everything: Methotraxate, Arava, Humira. Pneumonia three times. Anemia. Very low iron. Hypothyroidism
    AP from April 2014 till August 2015. No luck.
    Current medications: Natural thyroid, Mobic, supplements,
    vitamins and minerals.
    MTHFR heterozygous

PhilC
    Participant

What you’re describing makes me think of something that some forum members have reported in the past. They usually refer to it as “air hunger” — something I believe may be related to pulmonary hypertension, since those people almost always mentioned having been diagnosed with that condition.

How is your circulation? Do you often wake up in bed and discover that one of your arms or legs has gone numb from lack of blood circulation?

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

worldofme
    Participant

I thoughth so my symptoms resemble pulmonary hypertension but again I have no numbness nor do I wake up in bed.

What cause pm? Isn’t that a death sentence?

Spiffy

Orthostatic hypotension is what you feel upon standing. My dad had PH. He was diagnosed at 58 and died at 72. His death was probably a blood clot related to his past surgery. He did not really die of late stage PH. An echo would show your pulmonary pressures. If they were high, the next step would be a heart cath. He took Sildinifil among other things. I am betting yours is related to a medication you are taking. PH is relatively rare according to what they say. Do you have fluid retention in your legs? Have you been checked for MTHFR. If not, this is an absolute must.

DR4/DQ8 HLA, bio toxin illness
    Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes
    Positive RA factor was 71 in January 2015 down to 28 as of September 2016
    IGG food allergies wheat, egg, dairy
    supplements: C and D, probiotics, milk thistle, Turmeric, cod liver oil, methyl b 12 & folate, digestive enzymes, Moducare, chlorella, berberine, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM Lyme positive
    Minocycline 100 BID MWF

worldofme
    Participant

It all recently started. Left message for docs. Told cardio didn’t seem to concerned he said your ecg , ekg and Holter normal.

My last ecg was few months back. Would it have show something?

Quick Google tnf blocker and PM show tnf blocker as new advance for treatment of PM. PM can be cause be excessive tnf.

Anyways, I will get it check but PM is hag possible?

I mEan really rare things are happening to me.

worldofme
    Participant

Oh the shortness of breath are episodes it comes and goes through the day.

PhilC
    Participant

A drug you are taking can cause shortness of breath.

See:
    https://www.drugs.com/comments/valsartan/diovan.html
    http://www.askapatient.com/viewrating.asp?drug=20665&name=DIOVAN

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

richie
    Participant

Hi I hope you dont take this wrong but you come across as extremely nervous person about your condition –Certainly worry and nervousness can also cause shortness of breath –

worldofme
    Participant

well getting full workup tomorrow.

Calida
    Participant

Phil is correct using the term “air hunger” for what you describe. I had it at the height of my disease progression and was sure it was PH, a complication of scleroderma. I did all tests short of right heart cath, not indicated because all tests were normal. Finally, my pulmonologist sat me down and explained that systemic inflammation can cause air hunger. I still continued to have bouts of breathing difficulty and dizziness and at times needed several deep breaths to complete a sentence but it faded over time – about 3 months – and everything has been great for the past 18 months. My pulmonologist was correct because the air hunger reduced as I progressed on AP and systemic inflammation decreased.

Dx: Diffuse Systemic Sclerosis/SLE overlap, Raynaud's June 2013, Lyme August 2013
    AP: Azithromycin (Teva) 250mg BID, May 2014, Clindamycin 600mg every 8 hours for 2 weeks July 27, 2015 - Aug 10, 2015
    Minocycline (Teva generic) 100mg BID November 20, 2014
    Meds: LDN 3.5 mg, Prednisone 5 mg (discontinued), Aspirin 81mg, Liposomal Artimisinin 50mg QID x 3 weeks, 4th week off, rotating (discontinued May 2015, restarted 2016 7 days per month), Daily Nystatin, 2 tabs BID, as a preventative measure
    Supplements

worldofme
    Participant

Thanks. What concerns me is the hear racing. Do you get that with air hunger feeling?

The air hunger theory by your doc really make sense.

My rehumi said I don’t have PH nor pneumonia. Said my lungs sounds good. Just get eco done.

He was more concern about drug induce lupus by humIra or Diovan hctz.. any thoughts?

worldofme
    Participant

*heart.

Maz
    Keymaster

Calida, noted you’re also on artemisinin. Did you test positive for babesiosis with your Lyme? Babesiosis is renowned for air hunger and some folks also get costochondritis and joint pain, amongst other possible symptoms ranging from bladder pain, anxiety, anemia, sweats, palps, etc. :

http://suzycohen.com/articles/lyme_babesia_treatment/

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.