Home Forums General Discussion Healthy Liver and Gallbladder Advice….

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    EJ Kirksey
    Participant

I had a ultrasound of my gallbladder today and I could see the stones. I watched an ultrasound of a gallbladder on you tube and it taught one what to look for. I have about 4 large stones, don’t know the diameter yet but it was probably 1/2 inches. They were all contained inside the gallbladder and no where else. I could see multiple small stones like gravel sitting at the bottom of the gallbladder also. Of course my doctor wants me to have it removed. I have a fatty liver, so Dr. K is giving me supplements to help my liver so I can reverse the diabetes 2. I’ve been off of Metformin for almost a month now and am controlling my blood sugar with a low carb and gluten free diet. I’m feeling so much better. Am wondering about Chinese Gold Coin for dissolving larger stones or other supplements (?) I want to get my liver healthy so I can do a flush in a few months. I’ve read so much about the many flushes but have not read much about the people that have larger stones and are trying to make them smaller so they can pass them with flushes. What is something that I could take over a period of time that would help dissolve the stones and not interfere with my AP Therapy or the good things I’m trying to do for my liver??? One person told me to go on a juicing diet along with healthy fruits and veggies for a few months. If I do this, what do I need to do after a few months??? Appreciate any info or advice on what steps or what could work for me. I really, really, want to keep my gallbladder. It is only bothering me when I eat fat etc. that I shouldn’t eat. I’m so sadly overwhelmed about all of the foods that I can’t eat! I have to eat gluten free, very low carbs and nowI can’t eat certain goods because of my gallbladder. I found a new friend though, the red beet. I love to much on them and I cooked the beet greens and they were delish.

Polymyositis: 12/09 Currently taking( Doxycycline 100 mg 2X Daily
    Diabetes 2: 10’09 Currently on Gluten Free and Low Carb Diet
    Osteoarthritis:
    Fatty Liver: Flagyl 100 mg on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
    Supplements:
    B-12 50 Daily
    Niacin 2X Daily
    Taurine 1X Daily
    D-3 10,000 IU 2X Daily till 9/8/12 For 30 days then retested
    (Last D-3 was 20 * Dr. K said that one can’t fight diabetes and arthritis with low D-3 levels)

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi EJ,

When I was having GB issues, I joined a great group on Yahoogroups, called, “Gallstones.” Here is the link:

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/gallstones/

It’s got a huge membership and so I selected “daily digest” instead of individual emails, as it just floods your inbox otherwise. I got great info there on how to cleanse my liver and GB and 7 years later I still have my GB!

My physician told me that larger stones are really not usually the problem…it’s the smaller stones and gravel or sludge that causes blockages and back-up. My Mom had a stone the size of a golf ball and it never caused her any issues. It’s the smaller ones that get stuck in the biliary ducts that cause pain.

The GB is a repository for infection and it’s not unusual to be the foci of infection for some folks. E.g Lyme loves the liver and GB and, unfortunately, so do many cell-wall-deficient (CWD) bugs are voracious cholesterol consumers (e.g. mycoplasma), so the GB is like CWD bug heaven as it’s a veritable fast-food drive-thru. Some have theorized that actual gall stones are formed as a protective cocoon by these bugs. This doesn’t surprise me one bit, considering that it is now pretty much accepted that diseases, such as atherosclerosis is not a disease of cholesterol, but a disease of inflammation of the arterial walls (found to be teeming with bacteria). Antibiotics are often blamed as being the cause of gallstones, but what seems more likely is that bacteria present in the GB are sequestering cholesterol in bile as a protective barrier when under attack. It’s probably also no surprise that alcohol, which is also anti-bacterial, can be a cause fatty liver in this light. Hormones also play into all this. Doctors have a nasty way of describing who gets GB disease…they call it the “Four Fs,” meaning, “Female, 40, fertile and fat.”

My understanding has been that apart from doing a parasite cleanse and then a liver flush, it was important for me to eat only good fats (polyunsaturated fats) and to avoid the bad fats (saturated and trans fats). Some people are stone-makers and so recurrent episodes can happen, so for me it has become a lifestyle change to do what I can to eat a liver/GB-friendly diet, to cleanse and to use liver-promoting supps, like milk thistle, ALA, NAC and lecithin (thins bile). I never used Chinese Gold Coin, but understand that it’s very good for breaking down stones in the GB.

Would suggest working with a good ND, especially if attempting a first parasite cleanse and liver/GB flush, because some elements of these steps may cause a healing crisis or interact with current meds…or be contraindicated for certain conditions. E.g. the epsoms salts component of a liver/GB flush should not be used by anyone with kidney issues. There are many variations of liver/GB flushes and it’s finding one that suits the user best that is important.

It is possible to save one’s gall bladder and to reverse liver disease. The liver is a very forgiving organ and can regenerate itself very quickly. It needs help, though, and working with a doc who knows their stuff can really help to clean the liver and GB up.

A couple of important considerations about having the GB surgically removed is that a percentage of folks wind up with IBS and also what is called, “Sphincter of Oddi Dysfunction,” shortly afterwards. This is when the sphincter of oddi is accidentally nicked during surgical removal of the GB, which can leave scar tissue that causes bile back up later down the line. The pain from this problem can be just as severe as having a diseased GB and requires a second surgery to remove the scar tissue. This isn’t to unnecessarily concern you or anyone, but just a complication that should be considered in a risk/benefit kind of way.

All the best EJ in figuring this out. There are ways to save the GB, but it does require some research and self-advocacy in the shape of some rigorous life-style changes. Again, though, until you feel more confident about how to go about this, would suggest working with a doc who can watch your progress and assist with things. 😉 Lots of people do this alone, but when we’re chronically sick and dealing with so many other issues, including which meds to use with which supps, it just saves a lot of angst to have a medical professional overseeing things. Out livers are vital to detoxification and so getting it working well can go a long way to healing the gut and the rheumatic disease in question.

PS Flagyl is a good anti-parasitic, but most GB flushes call for a herbal parasite cleanse, such as Humaworm. I have never been able to do a full Humaworm cleanse and also haven’t been able to get up to a full dose of Ivermectin without a massive die-off reaction. This has told me that I need to keep plugging with the anti-parasitic work…so far so good, even with the smaller Ivermectin doses (which I’m actually taking for protomyxzoa rheumatica).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.