Home Forums General Discussion Headaches / Mino advice

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BellaB
    Participant

After 6 weeks on Mino 100mg once a day MWF (and great response in the joints! with little herx) last Tuesday a headache started that has now persisted for 5 days, it’s finally backing off (I did not take my Friday Mino to see if the headache would improve). These were serious headaches, really painful that I needed Tylenol and/or IBU all day & night for (at one point I got a pattern in my eyes.) I am not prone to headaches and rarely have them. I’m now nervous to take my Monday Mino as the headache is only mild now and has really improved with 5 day Mino break. I see my doc on Wednesday but she is just an understudy doc as the really experienced AP doc at my clinic wasn’t accepting any more new patients. I am wondering if I should be trying Doxycycline instead, this persistent 24/7 strong headache thing really concerned me…

BellaB

mary77
    Participant

BellaB,
    FYI…there is a condition that can develop when taking minocin…it is called “Benign Intracranial Hypertension”. I believe the symptoms include severe headache.
    You might want to research the side effects of minocin…and relay your headache symptoms to your doctor on Wednesday.
    If your headache is going away, maybe you should wait until speaking with your doctor before resuming minocin.
    Mary

PhilC
    Participant

Hi Bella,
    @BellaB wrote:

I am wondering if I should be trying Doxycycline instead, this persistent 24/7 strong headache thing really concerned me…

That’s a very good idea.

Phil

"Unthinking respect for authority is the greatest enemy of truth."
    - Albert Einstein

BellaB
    Participant

Thank you both for your input, seeing doc tomorrow. Headache took 7 days to fully stop.

BellaB

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.