Home Forums General Discussion Have you tried to contact any Medical University?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maciej P.
    Participant

Hi All (admins especially),

I am new here, and writing a lot last few days – I hope you don’t mind.

So… my thought is: have you ever tried to contact any researcher or medical university? You seems to be the leading fundation for trying to solve RA problem.

As I wrote in one of my previous topic, I feel that all the world just focus on creating new, complicated and EXPENSIVE drugs that could be patented and and sold for huge milions.

I just can’t believe that there is not single instituion on Earth willing to continue AP (or similar) research. What do you think?

March 2016:
    31 y.o. male, Poland, Europe.
    Diagnosed with RA (started as palindromic rheumatism) at age 28 (SED negative, RF negative, CRP negative, Lyme negative, Chlamydia negative, ANA highly positive, aCCP/ACPA higly positive.
    Treated with sulfasalazine - no success. Chloroquine - no success. NSAID - no success.
    Treated with MTX injections (10mg->15mg->20mg->15mg->12,5mg->10mg->5mg) for 2years. Almost total remission. 3 months after MTX quit - got RA again with trippled strength.

lemons
    Participant

Morning Maciej,

There is a pharmaceutical company that is currently in early stage trials for a triple antibiotic therapy RHB104 to treat rheumatoid arthritis and other diseases, such as MS. There is a lot of information to be found online http://www.redhillbio.com

jasregadoo

There have been studies on the use of Minocycline. Do a search for MIRA Trial for Rheumatoid Arthritis. Because of this study, Minocycline is accepted as a DMARD for RA. That doesn’t mean that all doctors believe in it or will prescribe it, but it is now not as rare as prior to the study. Also there was a study at Harvard for Scleroderma in the 90s, by Dr. T at Beth Israel. Thomas Brown, the best known doctor who pioneered the use of antibiotics for arthritis, did research at the National Institute of Health and Johns Hopkins. You can find some basic information on all of these and a few more at Chronicillnessrecovery.org, and look for Inflammation therapies.

The problem with these studies is that they were very small. A much larger study might be more effective in making more people aware of the treatment, and in making doctors more comfortable prescribing antibiotics for these conditions, but as Minocycline is an old drug and freely available as a generic drug, there isn’t a lot of money to be made. If there’s not enough money to enroll thousands of patients in a study and follow them for years, as a large study would do, who would pay for such a thing? I believe (not positive) that the Road Back Foundation was active in funding the Harvard study and the MIRA trials, but such things are expensive, so without the backing of a large pharmaceutical company or the government, it’s unlikely to happen.

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Maciej – take a look at Articles and Studies in the Resources section of this site. Also many of the FAQ’s have links to studies in them. Worth taking a good look around

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Maciej P.
    Participant

Maciej – take a look at Articles and Studies in the Resources section of this site. Also many of the FAQ’s have links to studies in them. Worth taking a good look around

Got it already… but I mean like do more research… I have feeling that AP is not widely considered because the amount of studies are to low.

March 2016:
    31 y.o. male, Poland, Europe.
    Diagnosed with RA (started as palindromic rheumatism) at age 28 (SED negative, RF negative, CRP negative, Lyme negative, Chlamydia negative, ANA highly positive, aCCP/ACPA higly positive.
    Treated with sulfasalazine - no success. Chloroquine - no success. NSAID - no success.
    Treated with MTX injections (10mg->15mg->20mg->15mg->12,5mg->10mg->5mg) for 2years. Almost total remission. 3 months after MTX quit - got RA again with trippled strength.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.