Home Forums General Discussion Have You Become Your Own Doctor?

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    APbeliever
    Participant

Did anyone try LDA yet? I am really interested in finding out if LDA worked for anyone

Donna RA
    Participant

I had 2 series of 3 seperate injections, one for food, chemicals and enviornment.  I found the diet before and after difficult, and decided not to continue them.  I don't eat most of the things that are on the ok list, therefore, after 3 days on sweet potatoes and yams, trying it twice, that was enough for me.  If my allergies were much worse than they are, I may have felt differently. My insurance also did not cover them, and they were costly.

Donna RA and Lyme

A Friend
    Participant

LJ,

Great post, and thanks for the information. 

Something that may help your remaining pain, just may lie in the link I came to the board today to post.  It was the answer to a continuing dilemma for me… the answer was learning about how acidic my body was and how being so acidic affects so much in our bodies, and how to turn it around, along with using AP — in my case, I know both are needed. 

Nearly all of 2006, I was in constant, worsening pain, which my physician nor I could find a cause/remedy for.  Through a suggestion from a local ND, I tested my pH (using pH testing strips) and ahaa!  I was as acidic as the strips could measure.  My MD at the time, said he didn't believe that was my problem, but if it was, by drinking a teaspoon of soda dissolved in a glass of water, every waking hour, for two days, the pain would go away.  My fascia pain was gone in two days, but the bone pain took another day.  That was the beginning of my “extreme” education on how/why I became that acidic, even while having done beautifully for 7 years on AP.  It WAS my problem, and I've spent the last three years, learning about (and implementing) what is necessary to turn this around. 

Just a few minutes ago, I read a piece from Dr. Mercola's newsletter, about using the same soda (Arm & Hammer Baking Soda) for flu. 

Am intending to post this in a separate topic, but will first paste it here… along with a link to the page of the article and an excerpt from the page:

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/12/15/Baking-Soda-Used-to-Treat-Swine-Flu-85-Years-Ago.aspx

[Hope this link works]

What Common Kitchen Item Was Used to Treat Swine Flu 85 YEARS Ago?
    Posted by: Dr. Mercola
    December 15 2009 | 3,199 views

[At end of the above article are Dr. Mercola's Comments; I've included an excerpt from his comments below:]

Dr. Mercola Comments:

Baking soda (also known as sodium bicarbonate), popularized by Arm & Hammer some 155 years ago, is derived from a natural occurring mineral, and is one of the safest and most versatile substances around. In fact, if you search for ?baking soda? on my site, you?ll find a number of articles detailing its potential uses, including using it as a:

Few people realize, however, that baking soda also has potent medicinal properties. Taken internally, it helps maintain the pH balance in your bloodstream. This is likely the basic premise behind its recommended uses against both colds and influenza symptoms, and even cancer.

AF

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

lajones, 

I hope you are feeling better now as it has been several months since you started this thread. 

Please note that Antibiotic Protocol may need to include more antibiotics than just the tetracycline drugs, all depending upon which bugs you have. 

Also, without a nourishing diet to aid in reducing inflammation, you may slow down your healing.  A poor diet can increase and prolong inflammation while a good diet can cause it to grind to a halt.

See my post under “Newbie with RA” where I quote a neurosurgeon regarding inflammation, its causes and how to reduce it.

Susan

Eva Holloway
    Participant

lajones2,

if we have not become our own doctors it is only because we have not sudied for it, but in a way we are all our own doctors for the simple fact is that we had to go look for help for what is wrong with us. For almost three years I beliefed my rheumatologist of what she told me I had to take, the same with a pulmonary doctor. The worse I became the more meds they stuffed into me, until the new pulmonary doctor put me on antibiotics and when after two weeks I could see the improvements and I checked “RA and antibiotics” on the computer I had this AHA moment to realize there was other medication out there to help me and other doctors that use medication to put me into remission with antibiotics, even if it was slow. I had to look for a doctor by myself because I was not yet a member or RBF.
    So be positive about being your own doctor because you have to check everything your doctor says and gives you. Sometimes you may even have to make suggestions to your doctor or push him/her to give you the meds YOU want and you know you need.:dude:

Take care,
    Eva:D

Eva Holloway

APbeliever
    Participant

According to the recent John Hopkins article (posted on this forum already)almost 50 types of different bacterias transform into their L-form causing arthritis. They are currently working on getting antibiotics out to kill the bacterias instead of using Immunosuppresive drugs. I am sure drug companies are working now to kill this research because their profits are tied to Immunosuppressive drugs. I saw a similar article dated three years ago by some university in England doing reseach on different antibiotics to kill RA and other arthritis bugs. I am sure someone killed that research.  

lajones2
    Participant

AF and Susan,

Susan thanks for the info. I tried baking soda for a while but not that way. I will definitely review and consider. Nothing beats a failure…

AF I can definitely tell days when my diet is balanced.  I am on the road to full cellular nutrition with my eating and know that you are 100% right.  The wheat free/gluten free approach is very challenging, other than that issue I do really need to eat better. My problem is that I eat less rather than eating bad and I feel it more.

LJ

Viewing 7 posts - 16 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘ Have You Become Your Own Doctor?’ is closed to new replies.