Home Forums General Discussion Has a specific diet helped you?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kaz
    Participant

Hi there;
    Just wondering if anyone has helped their dis-ease by changing their diet and if so, how did you change your diet?

I consider my diet instrumental to staying off commonly prescribed medications for RA. When RA first started, the pain was very fast and very painful. I was afraid of traditional RA drugs and desperately searched for anything that could help me avoid them.

I started sticking to an extremely strict diet and feel this was so essential for me. It was very very hard to eat only about 6 types of food for the first few months but I literally ate sweet potatoes, quinoa, greens, oats, cucumber and celery juice and water for many months and gradually introduced more foods, monitoring pain levels as I went.

The main culprit that caused pain and still does is sugar. It seems like a poison to me and yet it is so very addictive and is in most prepared foods so avoiding it is such a challenge for most of us.

Have any of you found avoiding sugar or other diet modifications helpful?

Thanks in advance for sharing,
    kaz

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Hi Kaz

Great that you have experienced good improvement in a relatively short space of time. 😀 😀

You can see in my signature what I avoid dietary-wise – I have been tested (via a VEGA machine) as to what my body doesn’t like. Later, more conventionally, blood tests showed that I carry 2 of the genes for celiac. Gluten is the one that has the most immediate effect for me. I inadvertently ingested gluten on the weekend via a pasta that I thought was GF but wasn’t. The result: stomach issues and a severe headache, followed by severe pain behind my left knee that kept me awake most of last night. It’s been a long time since I had any pain in that area. All seems to have settled since this morning (my time).

Yes, diet is part of my treatment (and has been for 7 years now). I believe it’s why I generally keep well and with little issue with inflammation. However, I also believe that food sensitivities are different for everyone – there is no one-size-fits-all.

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.