Home Forums General Discussion Happy Holidays Everyone and– I’m BETTER!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    karyninMiami
    Participant

Warm greetings!
    In addition to wishing you all (especially those wonderful Road Back guides) a happy holiday, I wanted to let you know that the protocol I insisted on (thanks to the advice and guidance found on this board), which includes minocycline and planquinel is finally kicking in! I stood firm and refused to take the methotroxate or embril since my blood work still showed nothing specific. Even today, it shows inflammatory arthritis but all of the RA numbers (and Lyme and everything else specific) are normal. It’s been six months and I’ve gone through three rheumatologists (took a while till I found the right one) and I’m not totally better yet but the improvement as of today, has been remarkable. I can make a fist (this is a big deal for someone who has had swollen fingers and joints since June), my ring comes off (not always but sometimes!) and I no longer wake up at night with joint pains in my arms, shoulders, hands and knees. I had been taking an occasional prednisone (once every 4 days or so) intermixed with tramadol when things got really bad and I had a flare, but as of today, it’s been 15 days since taking either of those. The most I am needing now is an Alleve! My doc doubled my fish oil and added more Vit. D but otherwise agreed that things are definitely remarkably improved and wants me to stay the course. I’m still stiff and achy in my hands and knees in the morning and there are times my fingers still swell up a bit and yes, my knees are still sore but the difference between today and when I first discovered this supportive and amazing community back in June, is amazing. I realize that flares are always possible so I’m being mindful of my diet (very little gluten and dairy, lots of greens and fresh veggies), I’ve cut down on my wine consumption and am making sure to do some sort of exercise at least 5 days a week (swimming laps is the best thing of all by the way).

Sending many thanks to you all (especially Maz and Cheryl) and sending warm wishes to all for a wonderful, healthy and happy holiday! Cheers and here’s to a fantastic 2014!

bonnielou
    Keymaster

Wonderful news Karyn — hope things continue to improve. Thanks for sharing your story. It is good for other folks to hear about the successes.

Gratefully,
    Bonnie

Bonnie Lou
    RA 02/07,AP 10/07
    Minocycline 200mg MWF; Plaquenil 100mg 3 days/week
    Fish Oil, Ubiquinol, Turmeric, Vit C (2 grams) , MultiVit, Magnesium, Astaxanthin, D3 (5000), probiotics and a daily dose of yoga!

Anonymous
    Participant

Hi Carynin,
    Do you take prednisone just for one day every 4 days? What dose is it?
    Thank you,
    Linda L.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.