Home Forums General Discussion Hair Loss Help While Using Methotrexate?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I have RA in my family history, grandmother, father, 24 yr daughter and now I am on methotrexate for RA. Is there any help for hair loss while using the drug? researched and found no substitute or alternative therapy for methotrexate

zakdog
    Participant

I had lots of hair loss from prednisone and was feeling devastated by it, so I found that taking 10 mg a day of biotin really helped. It took awhile to stop but it helped, also I use nioxin shampoo and conditioner and I try to leave it on my scalp for awhile before rinsing. Good luck and I hope it helps . Joann

Tiff
    Participant

MTX and prednisone have not caused my hair to fall out even though I was very worried about that because I have fine, thin hair to start with. When I was doing the MP and had extremely low D levels my hair did thin quite a bit, but it improved when I got my D levels back up. I second the Nioxin advice. Excellent products!

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Toshea;
    I did have terrible hair loss.The diseases can cause it as well as meds.I used 2 teaspoons of MSM and 2000mg Biotin for a few years and it came back just fine.Only problem it that a lot of it is white.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.