Home Forums General Discussion hair loss

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Participant

I have been in treatment for approximately 6 months now. I tried the mino but couldn’t tolerate it. I am currently on a regiment of 100 doxy twice per day and 500 mg of zithro on Tuesdays and Saturdays. Now I am really having trouble with the candida. This will be my fourth round of fluconazole 150 mg every 72 hours for four doses. Each time I do into the doc they are not sure what to do with me so they have given me the fluconazole. It gets better for a little bit but then comes back again. I am hypo thyroid and I am going to ask the LLMD to run my labs when I see him in two weeks. I have had to wait to get an appointment with the LLMD so I will know more in June.

I am just having major shedding. I try to stay away from sugar. I am not on a special diet. I have read about the candida diet and am considering that.

All and all I have had major improvements. I am so happy with my progress with the exception of the hair loss. I have the SD diagnosis and I feel I caught it early. My skin is relaxing but I still have some joint pain. I do take probiotics for gut health. Wondering why suddenly I am experiencing such a shed. It seems like it was out of the blue. I am wondering if the doxy impacts the thyroid meds? Also just wondering if the candida is just one of the co infections really flaring up.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

lyndsaylee
    Participant

I am also hypothyroid and major hair loss was one of the symptoms I had before I got medication (levothyroxine). I think it might also indicate when an increase in hormone is needed.

Anonymous
    Participant

Rio,
    My experience is small, but your dose of Zithro looks big. I was prescribed a half of 250 mg twice a week.
    Linda L.

Anonymous
    Participant

Thank you for your responses. I will have the T3 and T4 panels done. I may have the diffuse form of alopecia areata. My test results with that came back inconclusive. I think that since I am into the main part of my treatment it could have kicked off that disease as well.

Anonymous
    Participant

After further research I am quite certain it is the flucanzol that they have put me on for yeast that is causing the hair loss. It is a major side effect of the medication.

Anonymous
    Participant

Rio,
    I think that candida diet is very important. Avoid sugar, fruits and starchy vegetables. Concentrate on diet and your hair will improve. Try gluten free, dairy free, try different diets. I didn’t believe in diets before.
    Linda L.

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Rio;
    You make no mention at the bottom of your post as to which disease you have.If it is SD it is normal to lose a lot of hair.Mine did grow back with the help of some supplements .SDers find it eventually grows back very fine and often quite white,not at all what it used to be though.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.