Home Forums General Discussion Had my 4 hour appt with Autoimmune Dr today

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    JBJBJB
    Participant

Karen wrote:”I do not understand why your doctor is even considering cytoxan as in many studies done it proves it does not work. I actually think that had I not taken the cytoxan, my disease would not have progressed so fast.”

I was about to be put on Cytoxan by my rheumy after they found I have pulmonary fibrosis in Feb. I was very stressed out after I did the search on the side effects and also the damages Cytoxan could cause. My pulmonary doctor wanted to do lung biopsy, and he also suggested to put me on Cytoxan. I told him I would NOT do the lung biopsy and I would NOT to get IV Cytoxan treatment.

I remebered that evening I came home, feeling hopeless. I screamed to the sky, “God P-L-E-A-S-E help me!!!”…. that very night, I found Roadback Foundation.

I am still on 400 mg plaquenil while on AP. I agree with all the suggestions you gave to Terri. They helped me a lot. I am trying to keep my plaquenil until I see the improvement AP will give me, then I will withdraw my plaquenil.

JB

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

Terri,

Your question about the taste of the fresh juice recipes made me chuckle.  My favorite is carrots, celery, parsley, garlic and ginger.  What does it taste like?  carrots, celery, parsley, garlic and ginger:roll-laugh:

I happen to love vegetables, so vegetable juices taste really good to me.  My husband is a pretty good vegetable eater, at least he doesn't complain.  But the juice is something he gulps quickly, holding his breath and making faces afterwards.  Still, he drinks a glass with me each morning because he really believes it has helped me. 

In fact, when I first began the drinks, my skin tone improved. (I didn't think it was bad before) So many friends noticed the difference and they starting drinking the juice too. 

As for taste though…..maybe it is like beer.  You have to aquire a taste for it.

It is a super way to get lots of nutrition rapidly.  The juice goes straight to the bloodstream.  Almost as good as a shot.

Susan

Terri9967
    Participant

LOL Susan to the beer comment.  I HATE beer!! LOL  But I will do the same thing and plug my nose and drink it down.  I think its the ginger I didnt like.  I have a book on order from my local book store on foods and anti oxidents.  And I plan to get a juicer and the juicer book when the extra tax refund check comes in.

What cook books have you used?

Hugsssss

Terri

Susan LymeRA
    Participant

I hate beer too, but I think initially everyone must surely hate beer.  Yah?

The juice book I love is called “Juicing for Life”.  The two authors have masters degrees in nutrition and one is a micro-biologist so no dummies.   The book tells you why, what and how it all works.  They even give recipes for a lot of different disorders including RA, CFS, Lyme.  They also give diet plans.

http://www.amazon.com/Juicing-Life-Guide-Benefits-Vegetable/dp/0895295121

Good luck to you!

Susan

Terri9967
    Participant

Thank you Susan, I ordered that book and Juice fasting and detoxification as well.  Now just gotta get a juicer lol

Do you have any suggestions for a cookbook along the same lines?

Hugssss

Terri

Viewing 5 posts - 46 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘ Had my 4 hour appt with Autoimmune Dr today’ is closed to new replies.