Home Forums General Discussion Gut issues with minocycline

Tagged: , , ,

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy1

Lemons and Maz, would either of these two supplements work for someone with diverticulitis throughout the colon? I have a friend trying to avoid surgery. The Enterosgel looks like it may be best for people who are more prone to diarrhea which is not her problem. I would love for her to avoid surgery. Of course, she is working with her doctor but would be interested if this would help.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Maz
    Keymaster

Hi Spiffy,

I haven’t heard of Enterosgel, but it sounds like a toxin binder when one is suffering from diarrhea. If someone suffers from constipation, such a supp might be detrimental, worsening this prob?

One of the best supps I’ve read about for diverticulitis is bovine colostrum in enteric costed capsules. A couple of good friends had been hospitalized for diverticulitis and one was close to having her gut resectioned. After taking bovine colostrum for several months and GI doc follow-up, her gut was given the all-clear and there was no need for surgery. The other friend has never had another emergent attack and hasn’t had to avoid the foods thought to trigger these pockets of infections in the gut tight junctions.

Of course, keeping the gut populated with good bacteria and keeping gut moving to avoid constipation is crucial, too.

There are other great supps out there – e.g., aloe Vera gel and liposomal curcumin for maintenance, but bovine colostrum seems to both heal inflamed gut lumen and helps to prevent diverticulitis. Standard treatments for diverticulitis are antibiotics like flagyl and these can wipe out the acute problem quickly, which is necessary, but flagyl may also promote candida which needs to be addressed, too. Bovine colostrum is said be an answer to this, as well.

Just digging into memory banks, Spiffy, but perhaps worth researching further?

Colostrum Meets the Microbiome A Tried and True Remedy for Gut Health Takes Centre Stage

Spiffy1

Oh my goodness. I will screenshot and send her this. Her doc keeps prescribing Cipro. I just wonder how long her body can keep doing this. A natural way to healing is about her only hope! Thank you! I will forward her this information and let her study it some more. Bless you!

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin

redrock
    Participant

Her doc keeps prescribing Cipro.

Cipro is one of the most toxic meds there is. It is proven to destroy tendons and ligaments; there are class action lawsuits. I was prescribed it in 2007 and to this day still have persistent Achilles tendinitis. I despise this class of meds so much (Fluoroquinolone) that I put it on my list of meds I’m allergic to so if I end up unconscious and in the hospital they won’t give it to me.

Spiffy1

Oh, redrock. Yes. I am scared of it. I am allergic to so many antibiotics I would hate to add another one to my big list but that isn’t a bad idea at all.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.