Home Forums General Discussion Green Food powder, capsules

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    penn1023
    Participant

Hi
    Does anyone have experience with green drinks such as Green Defense by Jarrow, Green Phyto from NOW, or Nature’s Brands Super Herbal Greens? I am trying to alkalinize my body which according to PH strips is too acidic. I am doing the diet but wonder if this might help me get a head start. I think it takes a while before your body switches.

a50505
    Participant

@penn1023 wrote:

Hi
    Does anyone have experience with green drinks such as Green Defense by Jarrow, Green Phyto from NOW, or Nature’s Brands Super Herbal Greens? I am trying to alkalinize my body which according to PH strips is too acidic. I am doing the diet but wonder if this might help me get a head start. I think it takes a while before your body switches.

I bought some “super green” powder mix (I can look up the brand if you wish, I’m traveling right now); it works fine in smoothies, but I’m not planning on restocking since I didn’t notice a difference. (I’m the crash test dummy in our household when it comes to supplements; if I notice a difference, I’ll make the case to my wife about trying it).

I’m interested in the general ph concept; too far from “just right” can leach calcium from bones to balance things out;
    it sounds plausible.

However: I’m alkaline-agnostic at this point. I haven’t worked really hard to bring my ph into the “zone”; I was about 1.5 points too acidic as I recall. I don’t want to ignore the potential just because of one poorly written book (see below). I am interested in hearing from people who have had beneficial results from following “alkalizing” diets.
    John

I recently read the book “The pH Miracle: Balance Your Diet, Reclaim Your Health”.
    *sigh* I don’t recommend this particular book. And yet, counter-intuitively, lots of people rave about this book on the amazon reviews. Which speaks more to to me about the potential of “alkaline benefits” than to this book (as in, “Hmm… maybe there is something to this.”).

Anyway… the short list of what I didn’t like about this book:
    -2 for poor documentation. Each chapter has literally dozens of citations, but no organization – just a big list of randomly ordered references with no way to tie them back to original points in the text. Which makes them next to useless for me. Some authors number their footnotes / references; I guess that was too much work in this case.
    -1 The author was big on don’t eat mushrooms or yeast, because all fungus is bad for your body.
    -1 And no probiotics, because all bacteria are also bad for your body.
    -3 What really did this book in for me me was the authors assertion that mainstream biology (not medicine, mind you, but biologists) “got it wrong” about how acid digests food; it is really basic (alkaline) chemicals that break down food. (And yeah, they didn’t cite the reference this “fact” came from either. Hrrm.)
    -1 I stopped short of ordering their electric under the counter “water-alkalizing” unit. (Let me know if I’m missing out on this one).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.