Home Forums General Discussion Going to see Dr. F in Riverside

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    VJames
    Participant

Hi, I've never posted before, but spotted your recent post regarding Dr. F in Riverside. I live in Idaho, and found Dr F's website back in June and started seeing him in July. I have since been there three times and am extremely impressed with him, his osteopath, nurses, staff, treatment protocols. I was diagnosed with RA almost two years ago and my local rheumy eventually started pushing Enbrel, which I adamantly refused to take. I discussed the minocin treatment protocol, since I've read everything I could get my hands on regarding this. Long story short, his response was almost identical to your rheumy's. Short-term minocycline, every day, no probiotic support, not a believer, but I hadn't responded very well to anything else and as I said, refused to start biologics – my local rheumy tried to scare me into Enbrel with visions of wheelchair in a few years, etc, etc. I wasn't doing well, but since seeing Dr. F and starting all of the supplements he recommended, I have most of my cognitive functions back, have started a small home business, don't have to take naps every day, I'm off all prescription pain and anti-inflammatory meds, and functioning beautifully. I still have aches now that it's winter and I do get some pain, but I must confess that even though I can tell I will eventually go into remission – I get tired of taking so many pills every day and have rebellious days that I refuse to take them (yes, it's stupid), but it proves to me that when I start getting these pains again, that the treatment is working. I also appreciate the fact that before starting any treatment plan, Dr. F had my blood tested to actually diagnose the underlying cause of my RA symptoms and found a mycoplasma, which I'm being treated for with the Minocin. I feel extremely blessed to have Dr. F as my physician – I'm sure your experience with him will be great, although I must say the PCR blood test take up to 6 weeks to get back and it was very difficult to wait that long to go back and get my treatment plan started. Good luck to you!
    Valerie
    Meridian, ID

Blackwolf
    Participant

Cheryl, I have an appt. in Feb. with Dr.F in Riverside…. I have stayed on minocin for about 10 months and have noticed very little change so decided to go see Dr. F.

I would love to hear  what to expect and any advice about him. He sounds great and I am hoping he can help me get this under control. My blood work looks pretty normal but I have widespread pain…..wearing me out.

I am both excited and nervous about seeing DR. F.

Thanks for any advice. You were so sweet this past year talking to me about this stuff…. I guess I need to start on the clind. IV's  I just know that I cannot tolerate DMARDS I have had very bad problems with these. Anyway thank you for any advice. Also, Cheryl how can I put my photo on the bulletin board? Hope all is well with your precious daughter.  Andrea

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

Andrea – hopping in on this thread. To upload your photo, go to My Account (above right) then to Profile, which is the middle tab that comes up on the screen. Click on Profile and what will come up is a screen that says Edit Profile.  On this you can add your diagnosis and current treatment regime into the box that is marked 'signature' – this will then come up at the bottom of every post. You'll also see a tab at the top of the screen marked 'Avatar'. Click on this and you will see the instructions on uploading an image. To upload a digital photo from your computer, click on 'browse', select the photo from your files, then click on 'upload'.   

Additionally, you mentioned having problems with DMARDS. It may be that you have developed gut sensitivity to these, which is pretty common with long-term use of salicylate-based pain meds. This is often when IV's are indicated, because they by-pass the sensitised gut. I'm sure Cheryl will add to what you can expect from Dr F. Hope you find some relief soon. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

Palindromic RA 30 yrs (Chronic Lyme?)
    Mino 2003-2008 100mg MWF - can no longer tolerate any tetracyclines
    rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Diet: no gluten, dairy, sulphites, low salicylates
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Blackwolf
    Participant

Thank you so much for your reply..I feel ridiculous but now I can download my photo etc. You were so much help. All of you guys are just wonderful and I read your post almost daily. I look forward to seeing Dr. F and getting this under control., Thanks again so very much. Andrea

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

It's a pleasure Andrea. Keep us posted on how you go with your appt. in Feb. Lynnie

Be well! Lynnie

rotating abx protocol now. From Sep 2018 MWF - a.m. Augmentin Duo 440mg + 150mg Biaxsig (roxithromycin). p.m. Cefaclor (375mg) + Klacid 125mg + LDN 3mg + Annual Clindy IV's
    Supps: 600mg N-AC BID, 1000mg Vit C, P5P 40mg, zinc picolinate 60mg, Lithium orotate 20mg, Magnesium Oil, Bio-identical hormones (DHEA + Prog + Estrog)

Blackwolf
    Participant

Hey Lynnie I followed your instructions …thanks so much!

Lynnie I take for pain is advil…..might as well be popping m&m's

When I say I can't take dmards it is an understatement. I took plaquenil for about two and half years….developed a myocarditis from that…recovered fully but quite scarey. They gave me methotrexate and it worked within two or three days…totally pain free like a miracle….two weeks on lowest dosage….had hepatic toxcicity. Well…. that was enough for me to know that these were not going to work for me. Both  plaquenil and methotrexate worked beautifully…..just had big problems with them.

Ver few people are aware that plaquenil can cause this problem but I am living proof of it. I was only worried about optical problems never something about my heart…anyway I am done with that. I am very optimistic about Dr. F and I am hoping he can get me some relief. Lynnie I have a sed rate of 14 and a ra factor of 19….. they say it is mild ra….. all I know is it hurts in many places. AGain thanks for your support and instructions on photo etc.  Andrea

lynnie_sydney
    Participant

How you FEEL is the best indicator and most AP docs, in my experience, treat more based on the clinical symptoms, not just numbers. And Dr F is a highly experienced and well regarded AP doc. Let us know how you go. Lynnie   

Be well! Lynnie

Lolamitch
    Participant

how do I find this Dr. F in Riverside. Is there a web site for him?

Maz
    Keymaster

[user=1424]Lolamitch[/user] wrote:

how do I find this Dr. F in Riverside. Is there a web site for him?

Hi Lolamitch,

Will send you Dr F's contact info in a private message. Just go to the top right of this page and click where it will say, “You have 1 new message.”

Idaho is a little short on AP docs, but if there are any surrounding states to which you are willing to travel, I'd be happy to look to see if there is anyone closer to you.

Peace, Maz

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘ Going to see Dr. F in Riverside’ is closed to new replies.