Home Forums General Discussion Generic dosage help please

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DianaW13
    Participant

Hi everyone,

I have a question about the different generics and their dosages. When I was on brand name Minocin, I was taking 100mg daily. When switched to Apo Minocycline, I required 200mg daily. I am beginning the TEVA brand later today and wondered – is the TEVA closer to the brand name Minocin? Any thoughts on this?

Thank you!

Diana

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Teva at the usual dosage works just fine for me.APO did nothing.

DianaW13
    Participant

Hi Lynne, thank you. I actually had sent you a PM yesterday. I was thinking of you, and that is what got me thinking that perhaps with TEVA 200mg may be too much (?)

lorene
    Participant

I take Watson. Started taking 100mg a day then after 3 months doc increased me to 100mg 2x a day. Increasing the dosage has helped. 🙂

DianaW13
    Participant

Thank you Lorene, I’m thinking I will stick with the 200mg daily and see how it goes. Thing is, the Apo brand has been fine for over a year, but I think perhaps something has changed with my last refill. From what I have read I believe that is a possibility from batch to batch. Hence, I am switching brands to see if that makes a difference (I have been having pains and swelling since the Apo refill 2 months ago).

Diana

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.