Home Forums General Discussion Gastro Prevent AP Absorption

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    hawk6868
    Participant

Hello
    My wife has CREST syndrome since 1991. She started AP 2004. After 7 years of improvement, she developed Gastro Paresis 3 years ago. Since that time her joints, skin, dementia have all been going downhill. She still has 5 days of Clindamycin IV’s with Dr S twice a year, and one IV each of the remaining months, and she takes 2 Minocyclin pills per day. The problem is food stays in her stomach 14 hours. This makes it difficult for her mino to be absorbed. Does anyone have any ideas on how she could best absorb her mino?
    Thanks!

Robert Fuller
    Hawk6868@aol.com

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Robert;
    been there and done that.The only thing that helped digest food faster were digestive enzymes.GNC has a great blend and does not cost much.A big bottle of 240 capsules costs around 30-32$.I take 2 before every meal and one for a snack.This also solved my Gerd problem as the food was not coming up and burning my esophogus.I also take one milliont twohundred good probiotics a day to prevent bacterial overgrowth in the gut.I’m just fine now but it took several months to get over that mess.Make sure your probiotic capsules are “enteric” coated so they disolve in the gut.If not the stomach acid will kill most of the good bugs off and that gets to be an expensive mistake

hawk6868
    Participant

Thank you Lynne!
    My wife is very interested in your solution 🙂

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Hawk;
    Since this board will be down for a couple of weeks I give you my e-mail in case you have questions
    lynneandsantos@citenet.net

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.