Home Forums General Discussion FYI 5 natural immune modulators

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Trudi
    Participant

http://www.healthiertalk.com/5-natural-immune-modulators-supercharge-your-immunity-3960

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

nspiker
    Participant

Gosh Trudi, you are really doing a lot of research, and coming up with great info 😎 !

I can tell a marked difference the days that I take Vitamin D3. Anyone know the best absorbed brands of Tumeric/Curcumin and Magnesium?
    nancy

Trudi
    Participant

@nspiker wrote:

Gosh Trudi, you are really doing a lot of research, and coming up with great info 😎 !

Hi Nancy–
    I subscribe to the free e-letter–so no research–it comes to my inbox. This was at the bottom of the last e-letter–Start receiving your own copy of the HealthierTalk.com eletter, sign up here: http://www.healthiertalk.com/x675l1a2.

Of late, I am reading that magnesium citrate absorbs the best…

Take care,
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

mary77
    Participant

Hi, Trudi…
    I read the article but have questions about the author’s background…how can he be more of an expert than “mainstream medicine” when it comes to the complexities of the immune system? The intricacies of the human immune system elude even the best in medicine.

I feel most of us on this forum have immune system problems, but I feel they are driven by the parasites (bacteria, etc) ability to manipulate our bodies’ defenses for their own survival. I don’t think we are ill from defiencies, though we probably become deficient the longer we are ill. The bugs cause many issues to develop.

I use supplementation cautiously. Magnesium is one mineral I use daily with good results.

Just my opinion!
    Mary

Trudi
    Participant

@mary77 wrote:

I read the article but have questions about the author’s background…how can he be more of an expert than “mainstream medicine” when it comes to the complexities of the immune system? The intricacies of the human immune system elude even the best in medicine.

Hi Mary–
    When I read articles such as this one using natural methods to boost immune modulators, I do so with a grain of salt and always search the Internet to verify claims before using any supplements.

I have found his assessment of “mainstream” medicine to be right on when it comes to my journey back to good health. I don’t consider the author as an expert, just one of many voices out there with thoughtful input. Quite frankly, I view the wisdom and knowledge of our volunteers and members with the same weight–always doing more research before implementing. NO treatment works the same for one person as another. This is why I posted the link–as you indicated–“most of us on this forum have immune system problems”, and therefore if we can boost the immune system, all the better. Hopefully, this information might resonate with someone and be of help.

Take care,
    Trudi

A Friend
    Participant

@nspiker wrote:

I can tell a marked difference the days that I take Vitamin D3. Anyone know the best absorbed brands of Tumeric/Curcumin and Magnesium?
    nancy

Hi Nancy and Everyone,
    Since Nora began opening my eyes wider about Boron, I have revisited even a favorite site — which showed up again when I did some searches on Boron. In fact, http://www.arthritistrust.org has much that is educational on this subject, even the doctor/scientist who did comparative studies of countries’ boron in foods/diet compared to the prevalence of arthritis in the population. The research was/is pretty compelling. THEN, another physician on the site, years later, added to this information, and together the information is making me aware of the connections between boron, magnesium, parathyroid, D levels, and more than I can remember now.

If you go to the site, there is a Google search window that can search inside the web site — and I am loving that. I’d love to know your reaction if you type in “Arthritis Trust Directors.” The results from this nearly blew me out of the water. Even a noted scientist who helped develop the polio vaccine is one of the directors and is working on Lyme.

While on the site, find under Articles: Supplement to The Art of Getting Well… Boron and Arthritis. On about page 2, it tells about Boron: Becoming Recognized as an Essential Mineral. It’s quite a long article, but worth the read. Seems it slows or stops bone loss, affects hormones similarly to HRT, and much more. About page 6 of this article, see where Dr. Gus J. Prosch, Jr. M.D. was asked to review an article by Dr. Newnham (who did the worldwide research) entitled “Boron and Arthritis: Is There a Connection?” Some of Dr. Prosch’s comments have been abstracted and what I read is very, very exciting — again like finding some of those “needles in the haystack” — especially regarding Vitamin D… and may help me understand why my D levels were as low as my doctors had ever seen. More later….

mary77
    Participant

Trudi and AF,
    I agree that mainstream medicine has failed many of us…the immune system is a complicated subject. It is up to us to study and be discerning with our choices.

AF..thanks for the link to the arthritis trust site. What an amazing wealth of information! Will definitely be spending time there. The directors have extensive experience and important work to share. Guess I better research the boron connection!!

Best to you both,
    Mary

nspiker
    Participant

Afriend, I had never heard of the Arthritis Trust, but found the information on healing Rheumatoid Arthritis amazing. Here is an excerpt that I found most interesting, and Trudi, they recommend electrodermal testing!

We now believe that Rheumatoid Disease is caused by many factors (multi-factored) and that there can be one or more out of tens of thousands of invasive microorganisms to which a genetically sensitive person’s tissues will respond — either to the microorganisms

Trudi
    Participant

@nspiker wrote:

I had never heard of the Arthritis Trust, but found the information on healing Rheumatoid Arthritis amazing. Here is an excerpt that I found most interesting, and Trudi, they recommend electrodermal testing!

Love that statement…”You must learn more than your friendly neighborhood rheumatologist. This will be easy to do, because this group of professionals knows absolutely nothing about how to get you well (according to their own statements), and you’ll know something!”.

There is an enormous amount of information on the Arthritis Trust website. One could spend weeks reading through their site.

Nancy, one of the parasites that came up on my electro-dermal screening is Leishmania. Weird! It showed up on my first screening in Dec ’08 (had my doctor scratching his head) and has showed up now and again since then, including this last time. It appears I may have contacted it in the Bahamas in the early 70’s. Coincidentally, that is also when I started having my Raynaulds symptoms (although they are very mild). I subscribe to the rule of thought that our bodies host all sorts of microorganisms which normally live harmoniously together. It is when the balance goes haywire that harmful organisms get the upper hand and make us ill.

I wish my “friendly neighborhood rheumatologist” did know everything, but I concede there is so much information out there that it’s not humanly possible. I just wish they had a reputation of checking out alternative therapies–maybe asking too much ?? I am so very glad that we live at a time where we have the possibility of the Internet to search the world over for cures.

We are experiencing a gorgeous, sunny day today. I’ve already soaked up some natural Vitamin D πŸ˜€ !!

Take care,
    Trudi

A Friend
    Participant

Nancy & Trudi,

About all those different unfriendly organisms we get, and how we can get overloaded with them (and different kinds), reading I’ve done of material over the years, by very astute doctors/researchers, have convinced me that we get sick, not necessarily because we were exposed to a certain germ, etc., but because our immune system is down (could be from too little sleep too often, too much junk food too often, too much medication without rebuilding what has been damaged by it…. and on and on) and I’m betting it’s because what we’ve allowed to happen to our body in our “ignorance” (probably mostly self-imposed, i.e. stressing too much) has weakened the immune system. When our body systems become overly acidic, it provides the ideal habitat for the bad organisms to live and multiply. Add to this, genetics and susceptibility, including from days in utero (per an article recently read about what the fetus has to deal with in this regard). On a positive note now, those unfriendly/bad organisms don’t like a pH balanced body and, I understand, vanish and/or become dormant.

LOL (a sermon above before pasting what I was going to mention)… I posted a new topic earlier today, and the content is the perfect backdrop for what we’re discussing in our three posts. Dr. C has given us some very good information, and what he says shows why we need to pay very close attention to pH balance for all our body systems.

http://www.alternativehealthshoppe.com/page/page/1554145.htm

Harmful Effects of an unbalanced pH on body systems…. his address to Convention attendees in Minneapolis some years ago. This is something that all of us can benefit from reading, as it shows how very important it is that every one of our body systems stay in balance. Be sure to read Dr. C

nspiker
    Participant

@Trudi wrote:

Nancy, one of the parasites that came up on my electro-dermal screening is Leishmania. Weird! It showed up on my first screening in Dec ’08 (had my doctor scratching his head) and has showed up now and again since then, including this last time. It appears I may have contacted it in the Bahamas in the early 70’s. Coincidentally, that is also when I started having my Raynaulds symptoms (although they are very mild). I subscribe to the rule of thought that our bodies host all sorts of microorganisms which normally live harmoniously together. It is when the balance goes haywire that harmful organisms get the upper hand and make us ill.

Trudi,
    I completely agree. There are so many bacteria that show up when I am EDS tested. When my doctor tested recently, she laughingly said, “You showed positive for African Sleeping Sickness” – I immediately pretended to fall asleep in the middle of the conversation πŸ˜† !

Is your doctor going to treat for Leishmania and what is the treatment?

A Friend,
    There is no doubt that most of us came to being sick after some kind of stressful event – I certainly did. I wonder what it was that caused my susceptibility to these nasty bacteria and pathogens. I can think back to when I was in college and traveled and could have picked something up in Africa or India.

I have tested my PH in the past, and will do so again. It’s amazing what this imbalance can trigger…

Immune cells that are too acid or too alkaline do not produce antibodies or cytokines (chemical messengers to regulate other immune cells), and they have impaired phagocytosis (the ability to engulf and destroy microbes). As a result, the affected individual becomes susceptible to viral, bacterial, fungal and other infectious microbes as well as cancer.

nancy

Trudi
    Participant

@nspiker wrote:

When my doctor tested recently, she laughingly said, “You showed positive for African Sleeping Sickness”

Is your doctor going to treat for Leishmania and what is the treatment?

Nancy–
    How very interesting about the African Sleeping Sickness since you could have picked something up in your travels.

Dr. B didn’t mention anything specific as to treating Leishmania. It seems to only show up as a “recessed” player–I’ve never seen any numbers attached to it. I think (hope) that what I’m doing now (treatment wise) will continue to reduce my pathogen load until my body can take over–what all of us wish for πŸ™‚ !!

Take care,
    Trudi

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.