Home Forums General Discussion For a friend with Still’s Disease

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Spiffy1

Has anyone had success with antibiotics with this diagnosis? She is in high school but before I reach out to her mom about this I want to make sure that Still’s disease responds as other arthritis does.

Flare fall of 2014...muscle aches, joint pains, fatigue, hair loss, rashes, etc.
    RA Factor 71 in Jan 2015 down to 25 as of September 2017
    DR4/DQ8 HLA...biotoxin illness
    IGG food allergy to wheat, egg, and dairy...probably all grains
    Vit. C&D, probiotics, milk thistle, turmeric, fish oil, methyl b 12, methyl folate, digestive enzymes, Candisol, Ubiquinol, berberine, chlorella, Moducare, LDN, monolaurin, Triphala, Patriot Greens, Paractin
    MTHFR compound heterozygous
    Igenex IGM positive Lyme, minoMWF

Suzanne
    Participant

Juvenile onset is called systemic juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and is treated with all the same meds. I don’t recall anyone with Still’s disease ever posting, but if your look into the mainstream treatments and what they target, a case can be made for minocycline without even calling it an antibiotic. Systemic JRAers are generally considered the sickest and I’ve read some horror stories from the traditional path, but at the same time they need something to control the high fevers. You might suggest that the mom join some of the Facebook groups to see what to expect from the mainstream. It might make her more open to alternatives after she sees there are no magic cures out there.

Mom of teen daughter with Poly JIA since age 2. Current med: azithromycin 250 mg MWF.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.