Home Forums General Discussion flared all week, now i have tonsilitis. any tips or wisdom?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gordbentley
    Participant

if anyone can help me out on this i would appreciate it. currently bedridden, not so much in a joint pain way more of a run down feeling like ive been hit with a truck. my lymph nodes are so swollen u can see them from 10 ft away!! furthermore i have a yeast infection on my you know what. thats a long story and I won’t give details. but if im fighting that and im taking antibiotics double time now im kinda lost as to what to do. HELLLLP!!

Maz
    Keymaster

Ach, Gord….know how you feel. I used to get repeated tonsillitis when I was younger and I’d be wracked in all-out body pain with the fever. Abx used to knock it out pretty well – they used to give me a penicillin. What did your doc put you on? Did you have to stop your mino?

Your doc should be able to rx you something for the candida – a systemic like Diflucan – but you’ll probably need to go get checked out. One of the problems of candida infections is that they get passed back and forth between partners, so some docs will treat both at the same time…something to ask about when you go in.

Underlying chronic candida may be the next step to look into as conventional docs usually only do a “one-hit-wonder” for overt candida infections…lots of info on this site about how to work on chronic candida and how to treat it and some recent chats on this. Diet is a biggy.

Trudi
    Participant

Hi Gordon–
    Sorry to hear what you are going through. As Maz indicated, I too used to have a lot of tonsillitis as a kid. The drill is to get plenty of rest, lots of fluids, etc. Can’t help you much on the yeast infection, except to stay away from sweets.

Wishing you a speedy recovery–
    Trudi

Lyme/RA; AP 4/2008 off and on to 3/2010; past use of quinolones may be the cause of my current problems, (including wheelchair use); all supplements (which can aggravate the condition) were discontinued on 10/14/2012. Am now treating for the homozygous MTHFR 1298 mutation. Off of all pain meds since Spring '14 (was on them for years--doctor is amazed--me too). Back on pain med 1/2017. Reinfected? Frozen shoulder?

Michele
    Participant

Hi Gordon,
    Ouch! I know your pain! Do you have some ice-pops to suck on or numbing throat lozenges?

I have had a few big herx reactions in my tonsils. The first biggie was when I started the MP. It was a nightmare. Hopefully, you have something to treat the tonsil infection. I’ve been on longterm antibiotics of multiple varieties. My lyme doc has me on a low sugar diet as well as taking Candistroyer, and probiotics. I take Saccharomyces Boulardii and Theralac several hours after taking the antibiotics. I seem to be able to keep the candida in check, though it is a concern. When it resurfaces nystatin will help. (or is it diflucan?) I have a liquid variety and have discovered that some times the throat infection is also candida so gargling with the “pink stuff” (Liquid nystatin or diflucan?) helps pretty quickly. I hope you feel better soon.

Michele

gordbentley
    Participant

thanks for all the tips ladies 🙂 means a lot even though I was too sick to even get on here in time to check them out. yeast is under control with an anti-fungal. doubled my probiotics for the week. knee flares are gone which is a relief 🙂 two nights ago they were so terrible i could barely walk and I havnt felt that since before starting AP but it was a brief herx from starting the Amoxicillan and it passed quickly. On the mend now and back to work tomorrow 🙂 Hope everyone is well!!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.