Home Forums General Discussion Flare/ pulse dose

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    DAR
    Participant

Would love some input in this, I have been symptom free for over a year, I took mino 100 twice a day for at least 2 years, I have had so much trouble with keeping yeast infection under control, I take Florgen 3 probiotics but it still didn’t seem to keep the yeast under control, at the end of May my yeast infection was so bad and I was so miserable I went off of mino to just get things back under control, I took difulcan for a month straight and try to watch sugars etc. well I felt great finally so I did not go back on the mino thinking that I would not relapse with the scleroderma, last week my symptoms are starting to return and I want to know if I pulse dose mino (mon, wed, fri) will that be enought to keep the scleroderma under control, I think that I may be able to keep the yeast infection under control with pulsing, but I am so scared of getting a full blown episode with the scleroderma, any input from anyone would be terrific, I keep thinking how Kim went backward with her scleroderma and how she had to start over from square one and I don’t want to have that happen to me.
    Dar

Joe RA
    Participant

Hi: Dar, I am famillar with the probiotic Floragen
    3 it only has 15 billion bacteria per 1 capsul and that dose is only recommened for dietary supplement use. If someone taking 100mg minocycline 2x a day they should be taking at least 50 to 60 billion or even more depending on body size ect. , I am not a doc. but I do know it is not enough probiotics for someone taking 200 mgs of minocycline a day which can cause yeast problems as you discribed.
    I pulse dose as you can see in my signature and
    take 12 capsuls a day 3 times a day , with each serving having 14 billion bacteria.
    The more good bacteria you replace the better the benefit for your gut and immune system.
    This is just my thought, from my long term reading of the posts regarding scleroderma it
    is better treated with the everyday 2x dosing as you are doing. I am sure more will tune in for you. The best to all, ….Joe RA….

Patricia.Ann
    Participant

Hi Dar 🙂

Oh dear – sorry you are having these problems especially as you have been doing so well with your symptoms. I haven’t started AP yet but plan to do so after I visit my Rheumatologist in September. Wish it was here now!!! I will be most disappointed, after waiting this long, if he doesn’t go along with my way of thinking.

Anyway one of my ‘fears’ is the yeast problem so I have been looking at probiotics. Have you read the thread on Prescript Assist Soil Based Probiotic?? This may well help you? It does sound very good but of course until we try it we don’t know. I have found a site here in England that stocks it too so think that is what I will try. They also recommend KC Iodine for Systemic Candida. Here is the info for you to have a look at: http://www.bronzeagenutrition.com/product.php?id=23

Joe has some brilliant information regarding Probiotics. It is so important to be taking the right ones and enough of them if we are taking long term abx. You can then continue on the same regime of abx, and you know that they are serving you well, because you have been symptom free.

Joe – Do you take 12 capsules per day in total ? Which type do you use? Have you researched the Prescript Assist? Sorry for so many questions but would value your opinion 🙄

Take good care

Patricia x

Joe RA
    Participant

Hi: Patricia x I take PB 8 pro-biotic acidophilus (FOR LIFE) by
    Nutrition Now, the cost is $11.41 per 120 capsual bottle at Vitacost.com, my dose 4 capsuls 3 times a day for a total of 84 billion bacteria, I’m not sure but I think the FOR LIFE in quote above means the potency is at 100% for the 14 billion per serving at its experation date. As far as what strains are in it. I look for the strains with the letters starting with”L” and “B”, A trick I learned in my research. :roll:. My minerals i get from food
    The best to all, ….Joe RA….

DAR
    Participant

Thanks for the input, I do take 2 florgen capsules 3 times a day, but that is not enough from what you told me and I think I will look for another brand that has more good bacteria in it
    Dar

Lynne G.SD
    Participant

Hi Dar;
    I am somewhat like you but don’t have a big yeast problem.Just one that shows up now and then.My SD is totally gone but if I go for more than 3 days without taking a mino I feel my hands acting up.I do have complete control with 3 or 4 100mg caps. a week along with 1 250mg of zith.I have taken a break from the heavy duty lyme protocol and have not seen any worsening of the SD but time will tell.I am on no meds other than these and lead a crazy hectic life.
    There was a mix up last fall and I was given a generic mino that had the same coloured capsule but it took me 5 months before things got out of hand ,thank God I did a check on the capsules and saw that it had the wrong name.It took a week on 200mg a day to get back to normal and then I dropped the dosage again.
    Lynne

Lisabuf
    Participant

Lynne,
    Which generic maker gave you a problem? Unless my doc comes through this week with a paper scrip for me to send to Canada, I may have to go ahead and try a generic version and I’m afraid of slipping with an ineffective one.

Joe RA
    Participant

Hi: Lisabuf
    I have taken Watson and Ranbaxy generic
    minocycline, both of them worked well for me.
    The site below can help you make your own
    choice, scroll down for list of testimonials from people who was or is taking different generic
    brands minocyclines.
    http://www.tmgp.com/minocin.htm
    The best to all, ….Joe RA….

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.